Ch. 39 • Gotcha

This is a long chapter tbh

Ace
"We found her" Mateo says through the phone

"You did! How!"

"Just come to your office, I'm already on my way to your house" and then he hangs up

I quickly get out of bed, making sure not to wake up the kids, Oliver was sleeping right next to me, then Nico, then Roman. Followed by Roman, Theigo, Gio, and finally at the other end was Enzo.

If you haven't figured it out already, I had the maids bring in a couple of lifts and mattresses so we could all sleep comfortably.

Thankfully none of the boys wake up and I am able to get out of bed successfully.

Once I reach the hall on which my office is on I catch Mateo making his way into the house, I signal for him to be quiet and he does so with ease.

I close the door to my office and we are finally able to speak up.

"How did you find her?"

"Well, I thought that going through some of our normal work would help calm everything that has been going on, and while I was doing that I passed by our allies and enemies list."

"And" I ask sitting down in my chair while Mateo powers up his laptop.

"Well, I went through the list and saw Gabriel Kings name, so I started to think about how he has not been too active since we took most of his drug buyers"

"He did it"

"Maybe, there is no exact evidence that he did, the dude we got refused to talk and so we just killed him. So he helped us in no way, but it makes sense- hypothetically of corse. I thought you should think about it, and maybe-"

"He did it" I say again "Gabriel is not one to fight for something, especially when it comes to money. Where is he now?"

"His team keeps moving, but I bet that by tomorrow morning we can have his location down."

"Today morning or tomorrow tomorrow morning?"

"Why do you mean?" Mateo asks looking at me as if I had just asked the stupidest question in the world.

"It's 12:36am, can we get Gabriel's location by, let's say, 8am, or will me not get it until tomorrow as in 24 hours"

"Nah man, we can get it by 8am if we call some of our tech team right now"

"Let's call them then"

Mateo nods and goes out the door, most likely to his office to call the men. "I'll meet you at the other office" he says

"I'll be there in about an hour" I say back " and thank you Mateo, really"

"You would do the same for me" I nod and with that he leaves

Once Mateo is out of the house I quietly go back up to the room, though this time I accidentally wake up Enzo.

"Ace?" He whisper yells

"Go to sleep Enzo, I'll be back later today, Stella and Kora will be here when you all wake up, the nannies will get the boys ready for school. If they ask any questions, tell them I had to run to the office" I say quickly

"But why are you going? It's not even 1am" he says looking at the clock and starts to get out of bed

"We might know where May is" I tell him

"I'll be ready in a bit" Enzo says, getting fully out of bed and heading for the door

"No, you need to sleep, plus you have school tomorrow, I will take care of this"