10• United

🌐

🌐

The United Nations is an intergovernmental organization that aims to maintain international peace and security, develop friendly relations among nations, achieve international cooperation, and be a centre for harmonizing the actions of nations. It is the largest, most familiar, most internationally represented and most powerful intergovernmental organization in the world. The UN is headquartered on international territory in New York City, with its other main offices in Geneva, Nairobi, Vienna, and The Hague.

N E W  Y O R K  ,  N Y
1 1 : 5 5 P. M.

U N I T E D  N A T I O N S 
H E A D Q U A R T E R S

The moment I decided to do my own thing, to break away from the natural ebb and flow dictated by society normals, my life became complicated to say in the least. The world is a complex organism run by parasites in angelic masks with ulterior motives behind the scenes. Democracy is a lie. Voting for an official to fill a seat is the freedom we were told we desired.

Is it really, though?

We vote for a person with the understanding they'll fight for our ideals and needs, but it's only pretty words at the podium. Real freedom would be every citizen voting for something and the most numerous wins. Somehow, we've let ourselves be convinced that we need to vote in an official for this instead, with only a vague hope that they might do as they promised. Some democracy that is.

I know better than most what devilry sits in those elected seats. I rarely see the others that sit on the United Nations council, but the Big Five I know all too well. China, France, Russia, The United Kingdom, and The United States. These countries hold the sole permanent seats. China is an ally that's proven invaluable over the years, even if they disgust me with how they treat their people. France is wishy washy at best. Russia tends to be moody and secretive, keeping a close eye on us. Considering what we're currently uncovering in Russia - they should be worried.