Chapter 13

• Αφιερωμένο στον/ην ALIFEYA

*Usha Pov*

"Usha! Usha, get up." I heard someone shaking me and it felt like déjà vu.

"What?" I mumbled, opening my eyes.

"Your phone is blazing for the past half an hour." He replied and sat up on the couch.

"Who is it?" I asked him yawning.

"Mr.Raj!" he replied in a hard tone.

Then I was looking at the time to see it is already 8am. I took the phone from him and lifted the call when it started ringing again.

"Usha! You finally lifted the phone." He said sighing.

"Sorry about that, sir." I said getting up.

"It's ok. After two days, we have another important meeting so you need to be here." He said in a serious tone.

I know I already took so many lineages, and I shouldn't anymore. I mean, even though he treats me as his friend, I shouldn't ignore my work.

"I will be there on time sir. I apologize for the inconvenience you had to encounter this past week. I assure you that it will not happen again." I said in a confident tone.

"I know Usha. And don't feel so bad you didn't commit some crime or anything." He said, and I can feel he is speaking truly.

"Thank you, sir! I will be there as I said." I said, turning back to see Abhay looking at me frowning.

I looked at him confused but laughed when Mr.Raj said, "You better be, otherwise I will not give leave for any second honeymoon with your husband."

I shook my head and hung up. I started going towards the room where I placed my bags so that I can get ready.

"So you are going to the office?" He asked when I passed him.

"Yeah! Why?" I asked him confused.

"We decided yesterday right that we will spend some time with each other for two days." he replied with 'Duh' tone.

"We didn't decide it. You just discussed it. Anyway, I really need to go because I already had a long leave, and I am still quite new to the job." I said moving.

After I got ready, I went inside the dining hall to see him sitting on the table with an empty plate in front of him.

"Ok bye! I am leaving." I said, grabbing an apple.

"Wait! What about the breakfast?" he asked stopping me in my tracks.

"You made breakfast for me? That's so sweet, but I don't have time, so I am sorry." I said smiling.

"I didn't do anything, and I am asking you to make it." He said looking at me.

"What? But I am getting late." I said, looking at the watch.

"Please..." he pleaded and I finally nodded going inside the kitchen.

Then I heard his phone ringing when I started preparing some omelet so that he can eat it with the bread which I will be getting toasted now.

"No! I am coming to the office Shruthi. Yeah, there is some change of plans. Really? Ok, I will be there as soon as I can." Saying this I think he hung up.

"Usha! Can you hurry up, I am getting late?" he said in an urgent tone.

I stilled because what about my urgency! I thought and came out of my thoughts when I heard my phone ringing.

I lifted it and said, "Hello?"

"Usha! Don't forget to bring the pen drive with you. There are some copies of important files in there." Mr.Raj said immediately.