TWO

MICHONNE had been the one to find the girl passed out on the forest floors

MICHONNE had been the one to find the girl passed out on the forest floors. Behind her limped two dark skinned souls, attached to her waist by chains. Their arms had been sliced off by the womans sword and their jaws were broken, making them not able to bite.

Michonne was a smart woman. Due to her having dead souls behind her, the others thought she was one of them. It was truly amazing. So amazing that the two decided to work together and survive.

Around three months passed before the two were surrounded by souls. A blonde woman with blue eyes saved them. Almost. She killed the souls surrounding them with a silver pistol but that only attracted more. The small group made it out alive and went off together.

It has now been nine months since the killing of the Okwaho farm happened. Michonne, Adira, and Koko were safe. Yet, Andrea was sick.

"its just a cold." Andrea stated as the native girl dabbed a rag ontop of the woman's forehead. The two sat in a bright room of a store.

"Michonne should be back soon." The girl responded with a straight face. Michonne and Adira were alike in many ways. One being that they were both quiet and almost emotionless.

"What are you guys doing here?" Michonne walked into the room only a couple of seconds after Adira spoke. Her long dreads cascaded down her back where her katana rested inside its white sheathe. She wore a silk bandana with beautiful designs on her head as a headband to keep her hair away from her face.

"I needed some light." Andrea groaned with her eyes closed. Her blonde hair had been tied back but a few baby hairs stuck to her forehead with sweat.

"Found these." Michonne handed a small silver packet to the brunette. The native girl ripped the package open and found two white pills. She poured them onto her palm. She inspected them closely and after a second she brought them up to her nose to smell.

"Ibuprofen." She stated with a soft smile. "Good find." She grabbed an almost empty water bottle and brought the pills up to Andreas mouth. Andrea let the pills go in her mouth before drinking the rest of the water.

"How is it out there?" Andrea asked weakly. It was the question she always asked.

"Same." Michonne stated while pulling out a half full water bottle. She poured a little bit onto a rag and began patting it on Andreas face. "It's quiet."

"You're lying." Andrea muttered before closing her eyes again.

"We should go in a few days." Michonne informed.

"They're coming." Andrea shook her head, "you guys should go."

"No." Michonne shook her head at the thought of leaving the blonde.

"I'll hold you back. Go." Andrea said once more while Adira shook her head with Michonne. "I can take care of myself. I saved your asses all winter, didn't I?" The blonde smirked, opening her eyes half way. The two women beside her rolled their eyes.

Andrea began coughing and Michonne patted her back. Adira opened Michonnes water bottle and brought it up to Andreas lips. Andrea swiped her hand, dismissing the water bottle, spilling a bit across Adiras knees. "really?" Adira shook her head and dried her legs with the rag.

"I won't have you guys dying for me. Good soldier won't leave your post. Screw you." Andrea pulled the blanket tighter around her shoulders.

Michonne sighed and closed her eyes for a few seconds. "We'll go in a few days."

"If we stay... I'll die here." Andrea's eyes followed Michonnes standing figure.

After a few minutes of consideration, the two women grabbed their bags. Michonne grabbed the chains of the two souls and pulled them along. Adira kept one hand one Andrea's back as they all walked outside.

They walked across the dirt acres, going around the many pieces of wood that littered the ground. Koko sat inside Adira's book bag. His head would often pop out of the opening. Her book bag wasn't full, that's how she kept it so Koko would climb inside. She only carried water, food, and a flannel inside. Her quiver was always on her back, or in between her and the book bag.

The three women, two souls, and cat set off into the unknown world.

・ . . ✦
. . . . . ✦
✦ ・ . • . • .
• . . ✦
✦ ✦
⁺    ˚
. *     ✦ .  ⁺   .⁺    ˚
. *     ✦ .  ⁺   .

A/N
I honestly have no idea why this chapter is so short. Usually my chapters are over 1500 words and this one is only 700

Do you guys like short chapters or long chapters better?