Chapter 2: So Wrong But So Right!

Pairing: GajeelXLevy
Setting: After the Seven Year Sleep
Rating: T (For Gajeel's potty mouth)
Words: 1,601
Summary: Because how could anything that felt so right really be wrong at all?
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Maybe it was wrong of him. He knew that he'd hurt her terribly, and in a vicious, cruel, and publicly humiliating manner. But damn it all when she gave him one of her looks, the ones where her bright, happy eyes twinkled at him. He had almost preferred the girl who feared him indiscriminately to this girl he'd become so much more aware of during the S-class exams last year. But damn, she was just too cute and adorable for her own good - and for his. Especially when he could see, plain as day, the glances that her two male teammates always threw her way.

And he'd never thought that he could feel this strongly about anyone, and definitely not about the tine blue haired angel that he had once been an enemy to. It had been years and years before he met her that he'd kept his heart locked inside the iron of his own creation, but she came along and melted it by simply smiling at him.

Gajeel Redfox was no pushover, but when it came to the cute, energetic Levy McGarden, he found it so damn hard to stay cold and indifferent.

She knew he had a softer side, that's for sure! Ever since he'd put his neck on the line to save her back on Tenrou Island during the exam. And she had begun to slyly use this weakness to her advantage, whether it be asking him to carry her shopping bags for her while batting her eyelashes shyly (out of the sight and out of earshot of her teammates, of course) or even asking him to help hide her from the aforementioned teammates (which, he had to admit, he was devilishly pleased to do whenever she asked him to).

When it was her, he just couldn't resist.

It was just so…so wrong for him to feel this way for her! After how cruel he'd been to her all those months ago. But then again, it felt so right.

Gajeel found himself musing, when he let his guard down, about the difference in height between he and the vivacious blue haired Levy, calculating just how far down he'd have to lean to be able to ki - but no, he shouldn't think that way. He shouldn't want to kiss her - but damn, he did want to. So bad. As much of a sin as touching her would be, he wanted nothing more than to pull the petite girl into his arms, smothering her with hugs and kisses and promising to never let her go.

Levy wasn't afraid of him anymore, and shit, why can't she still squeal fearfully and hide at his approach (which he would probably find adorable, if only it wasn't directed at him)? Sure, it would hurt like a bitch (since, of course, it would be directed at him if she still did it), but it would keep her safe from him. But she just smiled disarmingly at him, continuing to melt that cold iron surrounding his heart as she sat beside him. The cheerful smile on her lips, and the lilting of her voice as she always, without fail, managed to draw him into a conversation.

And so Gajeel, fed up with his own emotions, finally decided, Oh, fuck this! and before he left the guild for the night, he sought out Levy in the library. She stood to greet him, smiling that bright, warm smile that made her eyes twinkle, but he didn't listen. Instead he took her in his arms and before he could chicken out, he kissed her. And when she smiles at him again, his dreary mood of his last few brooding weeks, days, and hours seemed to just disappear, becoming lighter and lighter. That smile brightens up his entire world, as shitty and cliché as it sounded in his mind, and he thought that maybe, just maybe, this isn't quite as wrong as it had always seemed.