Prelude

But when faced with a king, I ask for the knave
When I cry and exclaim, "Is that okay?"
It was my heart he came to change
It was his heart that I came to break

NIETZSCHE - EMILY AND THE WOODS

✵ BLURB ✵When a nameless boy finds himself torn between the comfort of his childhood and adult temptation he captures the attention of an eccentric and charming clubber who is eager to introduce him to more than just the new city's attractions

BLURB ✵

When a nameless boy finds himself torn between the comfort of his childhood and adult temptation he captures the attention of an eccentric and charming clubber who is eager to introduce him to more than just the new city's attractions. This is a gritty heartbreaking story about innocence lost in the urban wild party scene. This is a story about overwhelming, intense, addictive, all-consuming love. This is a story about him.

SOUNDTRACK

WE WERE IN LOVE - TA-KU ► YOUTH - DAUGHTER ► SYNTHETIC LOVE - SARAH JAFFE  ► THE WILHELM SCREAM - JAMES BLAKE ► SUMMER 2020 - JHENÉ AIKO ► HEY YOU GOT DRUGS? - TOVE LO ► VIOLET CITY - MANSIONAIR ► STREET - JAMIE WOON

DEDICATION

To anyone who has been in love with their best friend.

WARNINGS

This story is loosely based on events that I witnessed in a period after I started my university and in general paints a picture of a lifestyle of certain young adults in a city I won't name. That said, it is a work of fiction and in no way represents me. I'm aware that certain topics might be triggering to a lot of readers but my goal was never to romanticise drug use even though it might look like it. This is a friends to lovers dark fictional story with mentions of romantic and sexual relationship between two men, drug abuse, addiction and overdose. If you're uncomfortable with this I'm afraid this book is not for you. All characters are over 18 years old, the minimum legal age in most European countries is 18 for alcohol purchase as well as entering night clubs.

NOTES

The title is taken from the song Glorified High by Sarah Jaffe.
The name of the model from the cover is Matthew Crawford; photographed by Jon Sams.

ACHIEVEMENTS

Thanks to everyone who reads, votes and comments! I love you! 🖤

🖤