Postlude

Hello dear reader,

It is very important for me to say a few words at the end of this strange story that you might've liked, only liked a little bit, or didn't like at all but still read because you just wanted to see what happens in the end only to be slapped in the face with the most ominous, dissatisfying ending ever. But! Not every love story has a happy ending, and I had plenty of times in my life where I loved, sometimes too much but it just didn't work out. It doesn't make that love story less worthy of writing about.

Where I stand by this being a fictional story, all these people existed in my life in one way or another, only the names are changed. There is so much of me in there, the majority of feelings and emotions I described were entirely mine at some point in my life even though the story as a whole is fictional (no, I've never been in a threesome and I never, never tried heroin. Please, do not try heroin.)  It's just an homage to the previous life I lived, that I'm not living anymore, that I'm often nostalgic about but glad that it happened, at the same time glad that I'm not a part of anymore.

This is for all the people I met at underground raves who made me feel like dancing with your friends waiting for the sunrise is all you need in life to be happy.

For all the people from small towns who move to the big city looking for purpose and love.

For my best friend who is not that anymore - sometimes when you fall in love with your best friend you just realise too late that you'll lose so much more when it doesn't work out. You also realise that you have to let them go when you see that love has killed you instead of made you alive.

This is a story about broken, young people who are searching for their purpose in this world and somewhere along the way they lose the sense of right and wrong. And the ending? It's up to you to decide what you think Luca should do. Stay away or go back? Does time heal everything or a tragedy and guilt this big could never allow them to find each other again?

I had in mind an epilogue that would happen in the now when Luca finally goes back to the city. But at the moment I'm happy with how things are. I would like to hear your thoughts on the epilogue too. Would you like that? Would you like Sasha's POV? Maybe it's better to leave it here and let you create your own ending?

If you liked this I would appreciate it if you voted since it helps this story to be discovered by new readers! I'm also writing new stories so stick around and see what's coming up. I promise some happy endings, don't give up on me.

Thank you.

Briana

BOOKS, FILMS, TV SHOWS THAT INSPIRED ME

BRIGHT LIGHT BIG CITY - JAY MCLNEREY, ESSAYS IN LOVE - ALAIN DE BOTTON, THE GIRLS - EMMA CLINE, THE LAST NIGHT OF THE EARTH POEMS - CHARLES BUKOWSKI, THE HACIENDA: HOW TO RUIN A CLUB - PETER HOOK, WE CHILDREN FROM BAHNHOF ZOO - TV SERIES AMAZON PRIME, EUPHORIA - TV SERIES HBO, ARTIFICIAL PARADISE - FILM BY MARCOS PRADO

🖤