Chapter 3: New Home

Raven's POV

Lorenzo and the others are still shocked and frozen due to the 'incident' in the car and they seemed to be sweating like crazy. It's not like I'm going to spread their secret and let the whole country knows that the freaking Italian Mafia adopted me. Well, I told Rocky and Rodney and I trusted them to keep the secret. They promised me, so there's nothing that I should be worried about. I looked outside at the window and noticed that we are going to the airport. They are probably taking me to Italy with them since their mafia is there. I am a bit nervous since I also brought weapons but I know a way to hide it. It's simple, really. I just hope I won't get caught. 

It is true that they stopped in the airport and they give the car keys to a man wearing dark sunglasses. The man gave Lorenzo a curt nod and walked towards the car. He turned the car on and drove away, leaving me and my things with Lorenzo and the others. I mentally groan because I've never been to a plane before. I've been living almost my whole life at the orphanage, so I don't really have much time to actually travel around the world or different countries. As I entered the airport, the airport is loaded with people. Some people are busy talking on their phones or looking at their phones. Some are busy scolding each other, some are busy walking around and some have excited or bored looks on their faces. 

I on the other hand had a blank look at my face, but on the inside, I am a bit nervous. I've only read a few things about airplane. But I don't need to be nervous. It's just an airplane. But from here, USA to Italy is around 11 hours and 11 minutes. Okay, almost half a day in an airplane. I can do this. No biggie. Apparently, Lorenzo already bought the tickets and now, we are going to board a plain. Although, we are not in the economic ones. We are in the first class one. Well of course the picked first class. They are millionaires. 

-----> Skip plane ride a bit (10 hours and 15 minutes later) <-----

Ouch. My back and legs hurt for not standing up for too long. I think my legs are dead. Sitting or laying down in the same chair for 10 hours and a few minutes sucks. I don't think I want to experience this again. At least, I got a few hours sleep but woke up due to a storm. I wasn't afraid of the storm, in fact I admire it. I admire the way rain drops down from the clouds. I admire how the lightning would always glow in the middle of the dark. I admire how the clouds flew freely. The storm doesn't make me scared, in fact, the storm makes me calm. But when I look at Angelo, I could see that he tighten his hold onto the chair and he seemed a bit pale. I guess someone hates the storm. 

While Angelo looks like he is about to break the chair with his arms, Lorenzo and Giovanni seemed relaxed. They are both reading something like a professional. Angelo is sitting beside me, so I placed my hand on top of his and he looked at me with shock evident in his eyes. I squeezed his hand reassuringly and he squeezed back to me.

"You're scared of the storm aren't you?" I asked him in a hushed tone with my hand still in his grasp.

"Y-yes." Angelo said shamefully, but why is he ashamed?

"You don't need to be ashamed. Each people have fears in their deepest and darkest minds and the way you conquer fear is by going through it, not avoiding it." I spoke in a hushed tone again. 

"Thank you. No one has said that to me before." Angelo spoke out, which make me smile for a bit. 

I squeezed his hand and he squeezed back gently this time. I hummed a song that I, Rocky and Rodney used to sing or hum. I continued on humming and soon, I felt something weigh my right shoulder. I looked to my right shoulder slowly and see that it is Angelo's head on my right shoulder. He is sleeping. His face seemed innocent while he's sleeping. I can't actually believe that he is in the Italian Mafia. Angelo is known in the Underworld for his persistence, fierceness and coldness, but now, he seemed vulnerable and full of fear. This is the real him. The real side that no one never really noticed.