||33||

•35•

"Lets go shall we?" Javier asked.

"Wouldn't everyone ask questions if I leave with you?"

"You are my PA, Elise, you are supposed to follow me everywhere. But I think you would have done that regardless." He teased as he opened the door for her.

"Oh please!" She whipped her hair as she passed by him.

"Thats true though. I have noticed you checking me out." His voice had a playful hint to it.

"No you haven't." She glared at him as they entered the elevator.

"Whatever floats your boat."

"What kind of boss you are." She exclaimed.

"The best kind." He gave her a huge grin.

Riley was having last day of his school before holidays and Javier wanted to surprise him. That was the reason the two of them were leaving early that day. Javier had also planned to take him for a vacation since his birthday was just a week away.

"You have packed right?" Javier asked as the elevator moved downwards.

"I haven't even asked Elliot. He wouldn't like me going with you." She chuckled at the thought. Though Elliot sometimes teased her with his name, he didn't seem particularly fond of Javier.

"Sure you two are twins?" Javier asked.

"Yeah, why ?" She asked confused how they started discussing that.

"Because you two are very different. You like me. He doesn't."

Her heart skipped a beat when she heard him say that. If only he knew that she loved him.

"I would say love me." He corrected. His heated gaze on her.

She felt blood rush to her face as she kept her eyes glued to the small monitor at the corner of the elevator.

"You are wrong." She said in a small voice. Her voice spoke enough that she was lying.

Javier could see that too. He wanted to know how she felt and this was a clear telling of it. His heart soared with happiness even though she denied it. Because she could have denied her feelings with words but her expression, her body language spoke a lot.

"Is that why you always look for excuses to be with me." He taunted leaning down on the side of elevator with his hands in his pocket. Her eyes followed the veins on his hands as his sleeve were rolled up. He was perfection in her eyes. She knew he was trying to irritate her. He had been doing this since the morning. Teasing and taunting her mercilessly.

"I don't." She said.

And right there in that elevator, she realised how lucky she was. The elevator stopped suddenly with a jerk sending her stumbling to him. Her head collided with his chest as his hands held onto her waist to steady. She could hear his heartbeat from where her head was placed on his chest. She knew he was as affected as her by the way his heart was beating rapidly and his hand held onto her firmly.

"Are you sure about that?" He whispered in her ear in a husky voice and she looked up to see his eyes blazing with passion.

She wasn't aware of what they were discussing any longer. The only thing she knew was the feel on him as she was pressed against him and his heart beat and his breathing.
He lifted a finger to gently cup her left cheek and his thumb moved in soothing circles at the corner of her lips.

Elise closed her eyes in anticipation. Was this how she was supposed to have her first kiss with Javier? In an elevator. She wasn't complaining though. The circumstances and place didn't matter as long as Javier was with her.