Chapter 12: Talk It Out

Valerie’s POV:

            Zayn was arguing with Paul. He was wanted to go and pick up Perrie from the airport, but Paul was taking the whole Eleanor thing to a new extreme.

            “I’m sorry Zayn,” he said, “I’ll go and get her but you need to stay here.” Zayn protested, but Paul wouldn’t back down. Eventually, Zayn gave up and sighed with frustration as Paul left to pick up Perrie.

            “We’re here!” Paul called as he and Perrie walked in. Perrie immediately ran to Zayn. They kissed and he picked her up and spun her. She giggled and smiled. I decided to let them have their moment and I walked to Louis’s and my room. Louis was lying on the bed, watching TV. I glanced at the screen and groaned when I saw the movie Saw playing.

            “How can you watch this alone?” I asked, “I have nightmares when I watch horror movies with you guys; I don’t know what would happen if I watched them alone!” He chuckled and patted the spot next to him. I climbed onto the bed and leaned on his shoulder. He changed the movie to BBC, where Doctor Who was on.

            “Love this show,” I said and Louis grinned.

            “I know,” he said. We watched the show in silence for a while before Louis spoke up.

            “So, we’re going back to the U.K. after Detroit,” Louis said.

            “Yeah, it’ll be great to be back home,” I said, “We’ll go and see Darcy again, right?” Louis nodded.

            “We could also go to the winter carnival too,” he said, “It’s pretty fun actually.”

            “Sounds like a plan,” I said, “When can we go?” He thought for a moment.

            “We can go on my birthday,” he suggested and I nodded.

            “Sure,” I said. Then I heard Perrie calling my name, “I’ll be right back.” I gave him a quick kiss and headed to the living room area. Perrie was waiting for me impatiently.

            “Hey Val!” she said, “I was thinking that we should go shopping. I haven’t seen you in forever and we need some girl time!” I sighed.

            “I doubt Paul would let me out of this hotel,” I said, “With Eleanor out there and that guy following us…”

            “We’ll take a couple guards then,” she said, “Please?” She batted her eyelashes and gave me a puppy dog look. I sighed again.

            “Fine,” I said, “But you’re talking to Paul about this.” She squealed and ran off to talk to Paul. I went back to the bedroom and looked for my boots.

            “Going somewhere love?” Louis asked when I found my boots and put them on.

            “Perrie wants to go shopping,” I said, “She begged me to come with her.” Louis frowned.

            “Are you sure about going out?” he asked, “With Eleanor and that guy following us and tracking our every move…”

            “Perrie’s going to see if a couple guards can come with,” I said, “We’ll be just fine Louis.” He still looked unsure but he didn’t press on. He got up and wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me close. Our faces were barely an inch apart.

            “Just be careful,” Louis said, “Okay love?” I nodded. He closed the gap between us and I wrapped my arms around his neck. It was amazing how kissing him still caused sparks and fireworks to go off in my head.

There was a knock at the door and he sighed.

            “That’s probably Perrie,” he said, “Go have some fun, okay?”

            “I love you,” I said. He smiled.

            “I love you too.” I kissed him once more before walking to the door and opening it. Perrie was leaning on the door opposite Louis’s and mine, which was Liam and Niall’s room. I nodded but before we moved, Liam’s door opened and Perrie fell backwards.

            “Oops,” Harry said, helping Perrie up, “Sorry Perrie.”

            “No problem Harry,” Perrie said as she dusted herself off, “C’mon Val, let’s go.” Perrie and I walked to the living room area and Harry followed us.

            “Where are you two off to?” he asked.

            “Shopping,” Perrie said. Harry frowned.

            “Are you sure that’s a good idea?” he asked. Perrie nodded.

            “I already talked to Paul, Harry,” she said, “A couple guards are coming with us. We’ll be perfectly safe.” Harry nodded.

            “Okay,” he said, “At least this will give me time to finish that talk with Louis.”

            “Harry, don’t go too far with that ‘talk’, okay?” I warned as I pulled on my coat, “Don’t get into a fight with him, please?” I pouted and stared at him. His face softened and he sighed.

            “Okay, I promise, we won’t fight,” he said, “Now, you two go and have fun, okay?” I gave him a quick hug and Perrie and I left. We met the guards outside and we headed off to the mall.

Harry’s POV:

            As soon as Valerie and Perrie left, I walked into Louis and Valerie’s room. Yeah, still not really comfortable with that arrangement…

            I knocked on the door and heard Louis say “Enter.” I opened the door and walked into the room. Louis looked away from the TV and when he spotted me, he sat up straight.

            “Hey Harry,” he said nervously.

            “We never finished that talk,” I said. He gulped.

            “Listen Harry…” he started, but I interrupted him.

            “We are not leaving you two alone in any hotel room again,” I said, “I do trust you with her, but you two have only been together for, what, two and a half months? I just seemed like you were going to…”

            “I wouldn’t do that Harry,” Louis said, seeing where I was going with this, “Not this quickly. I told you, I’m waiting. I’ll wait as long as I have to for her.” I half smiled at that.

            “You really love her a lot,” I said, “Don’t you?” He smiled.

            “With all my heart.”