48 || Get the Party Started

Boulevard is freakin' as I'm comin' up fast

I'll be burnin' rubber, you'll be kissin' my ass

Pull up to the bumper, get out of the car

License plate says "Stunner number one Superstar"

I'm coming up so you better get this party started

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

The Avengers, surprisingly, throw some pretty great celebration parties on the fly. Alcohol, music, cool lighting, everything a party needs to be decently fun.

Despite the fact that I'm exhausted, I make an appearance, spending most of my time next to Peter, my arm hooked in his.

I notice Bucky and Natasha hanging around each other, too, but I choose not to mention this to Peter. We sit on a couch as Tony approaches us, dressed in a well tailored suit and sunglasses, despite the fact that it is both night time and indoors. But hey, that's the Tony Stark flare, right?

"How are you kids doing?" He asks.

"Good," I answer truthfully, because I am doing good. School ended yesterday, I don't have to worry about crazy Avengers missions anymore, and I can spend more time with Betty and MJ (and Peter, of course). Plus, there hasn't been another sighting of the weapons or HYDRA.

"Good." He pats Peter on the back before walking away, the ever gracious host.

"Have you ever been to a celebration party like this before?" I ask Peter. "Like, a Tony Stark celebration party?" He shakes his head.

"This is the first time I've ever been invited," He admits. "I think I only got here because my super hot girlfriend basically saved everyone's lives." I laugh and try not to blush as much as I definitely am. He grins.

"I only saved everyone's lives because Tony went berserk and almost killed you," I remind him. "But yes, I did save the day." I say, and he laughs again. I remember being in the Chinese restaurant when Peter laughed and I couldn't recognize it, but how could I not? It was one of the best sounds in the world.

"Peter! We need an extra pool player." Sam shouts, and Peter turns to me, an inquisitive smile on his face.

"Do you mind if I...?" He asks, and I smile.

"You know they're only inviting you to make fun of you, right?" I ask him, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, but that's sort of the fun of it. Makes it even better when I kick their asses," He explains, and I laugh, watching him jog over to the pool table.

"Hey," A voice says, and I turn towards it. Surprisingly, it's Gamora, accompanied by Quill.

"Hey," I answer, a little confused. "Enjoying the party?" They nod.

"I've never been to an Earth party before," She tells me, and I watch her eyes scan the room. "They're... interesting." I chuckle, nodding.

"The music is much better," Quill says. "Music from everywhere else is just bad. But the music here..." He trails off.

"Are you guys sticking around?" I ask, and Gamora shakes her head.