fifteen | rescue mission

"Are you sure about this?" James asked, his voice low.

Thea shook her head, "Nope.  But I told you that I'd save him, right?  Well, that's what we're doing right now, saving him."

"I haven't even told Sirius about us yet.  He's going to kill me."

"Shut it, remember when we were younger, how you always tried to get Sirius and I together?  This is the same thing."

James rolled his eyes and let out a soft laugh.  Thea hit her shoulder against his.

"We're breaking your boyfriend out of this awful house, James.  I reckon Sirius' mum is more frightening that You-Know-Who, so brace yourself."

James let out an actual laugh at that.  

It was three in the morning, it was humid, and it was beginning to rain.  Regulus couldn't have picked a worse time to run away from home.  Thea hoped that this whole affair would be quick.  

Once the two stepped in front of where the Black house was supposed to be, the ground shook and the house revealed itself.  Regulus' room was on the second floor to the right.  Thea gave James a look when she noticed that his bedroom light was off.

"What's he doing, moving around in the dark?"

James shrugged, "I dunno.  Maybe the light will wake up his parents."

He then sent up a small spark to the window to signal that he and Thea were there.  The two waited a minute, and then another, and then another, but Regulus didn't return a signal.  He was supposed to open the window and begin tossing his stuff out of it, but that never happened.

"Reg knows that we were busting him out tonight, right?" 

"Yeah," James said.  "I made sure of it, confirmed it like five times."

"Maybe he fell asleep."

"This is such a Regulus mo-"

James was cut off by a duffle bag falling right on top of him, knocking him onto the ground.  Thea turned her head up and saw Regulus hanging out of his bedroom window.  Thea could tell he was holding in a laugh.

"Sorry!" Regulus loudly whispered.  "Got held up!"

"Bloody hell," James muttered as he stood up and dusted dirt off his clothes.  "You're a pain in my ass."

Regulus laughed and James lips tugged into a grin, and Thea knew that this would all be worth it.