Chapter 33

Arabella Dimitri

It was the night of the Harvest Moon Bonfire tonight, and the whole Kingdom was buzzing. I think they were mostly buzzing about the announcement that I was back, if they didn't already know, and that I had mated with their King. I asked Nick if it was really necessary to tell the whole Kingdom of Werewolves that I had sex with him, but he said it was traditional, and I just rolled my eyes and let him have his way.

The Harvest Moon was right at the end of Harvest, hence the name. All of the fruit and vegetables, and wheat and barley and corn had been picked, and much of it was on display in the marketplace, in a huge array of colours, which I admired when I was walking around earlier with Skye, Jessica and Amber (who was Chase's mate). We were now in one of the boutiques of the town, getting measured for dresses and choosing fabrics. Apparently there was going to be a whole week of celebrations in December, including the Cold Moon Ball, which is the name of the full moon in December, followed by my Wedding, followed by my coronation, followed by Christmas, and only shortly after that would be the New Year's Ball. Those were only the main events too, in between would be an array of lunches, dinners, bonfires, parties and festivals, and I needed a different outfit for every one of those.

The girl who was taking my measurements seemed lovely. She wasn't the head seamstress though, no, that was Madam Ponselle, a pretty scary looking lady, but she had a nice smile and large breasts that engulfed you when you hugged her. When we were finally released from her grasp, the boys entered the shop for the fittings of their suits. Nicholas walked straight up to me and gave me a soft kiss on the lips, and on one of my marks, sending a shiver down me. "Don't start what you can't finish," I said to him.

"I'll finish it later baby, over and over and over again," he whispered huskily into my ear.

"Ah, the lovebirds are so cute," I heard Madam Ponselle squealing from behind us, and we broke apart.

"She is adorable," Nicholas agreed, kissing me on the temple. I punched him in the stomach; I hated being called adorable.

We arrived back to the castle pretty much immediately, followed by our escort of Night Warriors, as the two Deltas were busy now getting their suits fitted. I decided that I wanted to help where I could in preparation for tonight, and so I went over to the head of housekeeping to ask for any jobs. She sent me to the kitchen and to the head chef, who seemed worried about giving me a job, fearing that the King would have his head or something. I insisted that it was fine and that I really wanted to help, and so he allowed me to chop some of the vegetables with some of the other girls.

We chopped carrots and parsnips, squash and pumpkin, garlic and onions, and a whole load of other vegetables, some I hadn't even seem before. We were also chatting away constantly, talking all sorts of nonsense. They were telling me about some of the gossip within the castle walls, and how one of the maids had been sleeping with Prince Christopher, only to catch him sleeping with another of the maids the very next day. I said that I would have some words with him, and they all giggled at me. Apparently they also said that once I had left, one of the wolfsluts, who Nicholas had slept with previously, tried to sleep with Nick again, and claim my throne. That angered me severely, and I had half a mind to charge to wherever she was and rip her head from her neck. It was slightly settled when they mentioned that Nicholas had thrown all three of them out of the castle walls, to never set foot in it again, but I was still raging.

A couple of hours later, into the kitchen strolled my mate. I don't know if he asked someone where I was, or followed my scent to here, either way, his only mission was me. Not caring what I was up to, he hauled me over his shoulder, and walked out the door, greeting the girls who were chopping vegetables with me, and the other chefs in the process. He kept his promise about finishing what he had started, over and over again, and once that was all done, it was time for us to get ready for the bonfire.

Halfway through my makeup, as I sat on the vanity in my walk-in wardrobe, and he sat on one of the sofas watching me, already dressed in black slacks, a polo shirt and a warm jumper, I decided to ask him about the girl. "So," I began, "I heard about that girl who tried to sleep with you."

"Ugh," he scowled and looked away, "I dealt with that situation very quickly. The only person on my throne is you, don't mention her again, she doesn't deserve to take up our time by speaking of her,"

"Have you been practicing that response?" I teased him.

"Even got Logan to practice lines with me," he joked back. "But seriously, you don't have to worry about her, or any other girl ever."

"You might need to worry though, I saw this gorgeous Night Warrior in the market today, his arms were so big and-," I was cut off by his punishing kiss.

"Who?" he growled, "I will slice them in a hundred pieces and give them to you as a Christmas present."

"I'm joking," I laughed wholeheartedly, smoothing out his angry lines on his forehead with my thumb. "It's only you."

"I want you, right now," he murmured in my ear, but I simply pushed him away, telling him that we had to get ready for the bonfire. He grumbled in response but agreed with me, and took back his place on the sofa.

Once I was completely ready, and I had convinced Nicholas that we shouldn't just 'forget about the bonfire and spend the rest of the night fucking eachother', which took a while, believe me, we finally left the room. The bonfire was held in one of the large fields surrounding the castle, not the one that we had the war in though. It was already in full swing by the time we arrived, the fire was roaring and the townspeople were dancing, there was music and food being passed round, and it really seemed a joyous occasion.

There was a 'VIP' tent that all of the titled members of the pack had access too, which was our first stop. We said hello to all of our friends, were handed warm drinks and chatted amongst the crowd. I had a lovely conversation at one point with just Logan, he is a really sweet man, when he likes you, and you get past his terrifying outer appearance. We talked about his plans with Jason, how they wanted to completely redo the house so that it was something they had made together, and also about their plans for IVF, so that they would have their own child together. He asked me questions about my time away, and we spoke about different fighting techniques. Eventually Jason joined in the conversation, and we continued for a little while longer, but I could tell that at that point they only wanted eachother's company, so I excused myself.

I decided that I needed a little air away from everyone else, and so I walked through one of the forests near the clearing, taking in the fresh air, and listening to the sounds. I was so focused on the wind in my hair, that I never realised the person creeping up on me. All I could hear then was my scream in pain, as they literally stabbed me in the back, I could tell that the blade was covered in wolfsbane, and I could also tell that it was a lethal shot. I knew I was slowly becoming weaker and weaker as my life was being drained away from me, but I wasn't going to go down without a fight, so I spun around, the knife still in my back, and came face to face with Brittany, the exact girl who had tried to sleep with Nick when I was gone and take my throne. I ripped out her throat in one swift move, her blood splattering all over me in the process. Then I grabbed the knife out of my back and cauterised the bleeding wound with my powers. I had no idea if it was too late, I just hoped it wasn't as I was really happy about the direction my life was now going.

All I thought about what Nicholas and Jason as my vision turned spotty and I soon was lulled into a kind of sleep, one I didn't know whether or not I would wake up from.