Prologue

"The young woman was found outside her workplace after midnight. The responsible for her tragic death is still a mystery. The police is doing its best to find the murderer who is walking among us right now. We suspect that they are still in town and that is exactly why we all should be very careful and remember... Lock all your doors and windows at night!"

"This is all bullshit!" He scolded, as his right hand moved to turn off the annoying radio. His palm closed around the wheel again when "Somebody is watching me" started playing inside the car. It was one of his all times favorites.

He couldn't wait until he was back at home, so he lit up a cigarette and parted his lips, welcoming it in. He was almost never smoking in the car. The smell afterwards was too much for him and his kids. But it was a big day for him and he needed to forget about the rules for a minute.

The weather was good, not like the usual. It was late, around 1 p. m. He was the only person driving on the dark street. All of sudden, fume blurred his sight of the road. The cigarette almost fell off his large fingers. He killed the engine.

He narrowed his small eyes. "What the hell is that?"

Without hesitation, he opened the door of his car and peered over. There was someone standing in the middle of the road. Their back was turned to them and it was bar. Their whole body was uncovered. Completely bare under the moonlight. The man raked his hand through his dark hair and pulled them back.

"Are you okay?" He shouted. It looked like a human body, even though her hair was way too short for the usual. "Hey, listen ma' m. You can't be out here. It's dark and-" He glanced around, the fog was getting heavier. "It's dangerous!"

The woman didn't turn till he flashed her with the torch he was always keeping in the back of his car. She looked at him over her shoulder. He took a swift step back, the green hat on the top of his head nearly falling off.

Half of her face was visible for him to see. She was beautiful, like a goddess. But there was something on her face he couldn't recognize. But he was sure it wasn't something a goddess would have on her.

"I have nowhere else to go." She whispered. He was confused by the look on her face. He couldn't figure if she was sad or upset. Scared, even. She was in the middle of nowhere, but still she didn't let herself express any emotion.

Maybe she is afraid after all...

"Would you like to..." He stretched back his head. "I don't know. Would you like to give a call to your people?"

She tipped her head up. "There is no one I can call."

He frowned. He noticed that her feet were bare, too. She had to be cold. The normal thing would be to be freezing to death. He was wearing a coat over his blue T-Shirt he had kept from the football game he had gone to last week. He wasn't feeling warm, though. The meteorologists had said earlier that afternoon that they were expecting snow, but nothing happened. The weather was cool, but not further than that.

"Can I take you home?" He asked her, taking his eyes off her naked body. His wife would be back at the town in a few hours and he was hungry, needed a shower and he had to do the laundry before she was back. He couldn't waste more of his time.

"i-" She exhaled hard. Her hands raised to cover her breasts as she turned around to face him. "I don't remember."

He quickly walked to the back of his car and grabbed a blanket. He had used it only once on his wife, so it was in great conditions. He threw it on the ground and made a movement with his hand, signaling her to take it.

"Cover yourself with the blanket. I'm taking you to my house, is there any problem with that?" He questioned, jumping in the driver's seat. He started the engine.