Chapter Seven

The door was locked. It was only seven in the morning and my parents had already left for their respective offices. As usual.

"Oh. They're already gone.", Harry says from behind me, with a hint of surprise in his voice.

I unlock the door with my spare key and enter.

I take Bloom from Harry's arms. Cuddling her, I make my way in.

Harry waves me goodbye from the porch and says, "Hey I'm going, okay? I'll be here in twenty minutes. Be ready for school."

"Sure."

After crossing the lawn, he turns around with a cheeky grin and adds,"Don't be late like always. "

I roll my eyes in reply.

With a final wink, he was gone.

Opening my shoes at the doorway, I make my way in. Up the stairs, into my room. With Bloom perched on top of my study table, I proceed to the bathroom.

With ten minutes left to spare, I was ready for school.

Taking Bloom in my arms, I go downstairs to the kitchen. I put her on top of the counter.

"So Bloom, what do you want to eat?", I wonder aloud, opening the refrigerator.

Milk, orange juice, apple and chocolate. These were the only things in there.

" Huh. Milk it is then."

I pour her a big bowl of milk and she starts licking it hungrily as soon as I put it before her.

"Poor you. You must be very hungry."

I pour myself a glass of milk too. The moment I finish drinking, Harry knocks on my door.

"C'mon, let's go."

"Just a minute."

I quickly put my glass in the dishwasher. I turned to Bloom who was looking at the now empty bowl in front of her with expectant eyes. She clearly wanted more.

I put her down from the counter top and onto the floor.

Pouring her another bowl of milk, I hug her and say to her, "I will be back in a few hours. Be a good doggie."

She woofs in reply and licks my hands.

Laughing, I close the door. With my bag slung over my shoulders, I cross the lawn.

I didn't want to leave her all alone but if I had called in sick, my mum would've been very mad. And with Bloom in the house, I surely didn't need that to happen.

Harry seems to have noticed my mood and he assures me with a gentle smile, "She'll be quiet all right. School will be over even before you realise."

Yes, I thought. I needed school to be over as soon as possible.