Chapter 2 ~ Him

I sighed out in relief as I watched the blood drip off my arm onto the floor. The few cuts I made weren't deep but did take the internal pain away for now. I cleaned off my blade and cleaned up my arm bandaging it up. 

I kept the pain and sadness hidden behind my fake smiles. I was good at pretending to be happy. No one really knew what was in my heart. I didn't plan on becoming close with anyone ever for that matter.

I was brought out of my world of thinking and my attention went to the buzzing in my pocket. I pulled out my cell phone and saw a text from a unfamiliar number. Who could be texting me at 2 in the morning? 

'Good morning beautiful, I hope to see you at school today!' 

School? Who was this? No one at school even has my number.. 

Derek. Derek had my number. I could feel my eyes widen as I sat in shock. Was he serious, what did this text mean? I shook my head and put away the blades. It means nothing, again Lauren he's just trying to be nice.

Slipping on PJs and turning off the lights, I climbed into bed. As I slowly closed my eyes and felt the stinging on my wrist I finally fell asleep.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

The school is filled with people, as usual. I didn't really care to make friends, I just needed to stay out of the house. I stick in my earphones and flip on 'The Way She Feels' while walking down the hall. If I can just survive one more day.. 

To my surprise, Derek is standing by the classroom door. Was he waiting for me? 

"There you are, class is about to start!" He says with a smile on his face. So he was waiting for me. I pulled out my earphones and shrugged, "I didn't think you'd wait for me." I look down the hall at people running to class to avoid looking at him. I was so drawn to him, I didn't want him to see that. The eyes tell a persons true emotions. "Of course I was waiting, I'd wait for you forever." I turn my head immediately to look at him but he was already heading into the classroom. Butterflies filled my stomach and I started to feel light-headed. What did he mean by that? This guy was so mysterious and complicated.

I walk in behind him and bite my lip unsure if I should sit next to him or not. I decide to because, well he waited for me. Trying to shake his last words to me out of my mind I fiddle with the bandage on my wrist keeping it under my sleeve. The last thing I needed was people asking questions.

A piece of paper is put out in front of me on the desk as I turn to see Derek quickly put his attention on his cell phone. This was it. I was assuming it said 'Please sit with someone else' or 'Are we supposed to be friends now'. I was wrong, completely wrong.

'Want to hangout Saturday, I'm going to be home alone all weekend and could use some company. We can play on my Xbox or go to a movie, what do you say?

P.S I couldn't help but notice, it's really cute when you bite your lip and fidget when you get nervous around me'

I couldn't look at him. I could feel that my face had turned bright red and I was completely speechless. I took a deep breathe and turned to look at him. Our eyes locked and my heart fluttered. I gave him a quick nod and turned away. I probably looked stupid.. 

Maybe we could be friends, Derek and I. Maybe we could even be more than that.. Could we? I glanced over at him again and studied him. I felt comfortable around him, which was extremely rare since I hardly associate with anyone. My heart was pounding while class came to an end. I knew he'd talk to me, why was I so nervous around him?

"This day is dragging on forever, lets get this next class over with." He rolled his eyes annoyed and grabbed my hand pulling me towards the next class. Adrenaline shot up my whole body like I just took a strong drug. I looked down at our hands while he paid no attention to it.

I had a small smile on my face the rest of the day. Everything was starting to be okay, things were starting to look better for me. 

That was until I had a cutting spree break down Saturday morning. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Like my story? Vote

Want to share what you liked about it? - Comment

Want to see what happens nexted? - Follow or add to your Library

Thanks for reading and hoped you enjoyed! (: