Chapter one

Ariana's POV

I switched the gears in my yellow bird Mini Cooper speeding down Main Street trying to train my eyes on the white lines herding my car down the black asphalt. Still my eyes drifted, finding their way to the street, the one I used to know so well. Even though my friends lived on that same road, I'd never bring myself to coast down it again in fear that I'd get uninvited emotions. I knew it had been a year and a half at the least since then. But no matter how many months, days, and hours it still hurt. It was cruel to myself to go on and obsess over the beautiful, baby skinned boy with dimples, and what was worse is that every time I turned around that crooked smile was in my face. I'd shut my eyes and he'd be there, green orbs piercing mine. These days I never left my house anymore, the silence of it all could make me forget about him long enough to close my eyes and feel good about myself. Thinking of him in even the slightest ways made me tired. Physically. My bones ached and my head hurt. But as I gripped the padded wheel his presence in my life was as strong as it ever was. I thought about how this boy I so loved had played me. That's where it stopped. One day he was so in love, the next he couldn't have wanted to be farther away from me. Ouch, I know right? I sped past his street looking at the film of dust coating my dashboard and counting the little crevices of the faux leather. Why couldn't I get over him? He was like a disease. I checked Facebook which was awkward because I'd left his profile pulled up when I was depression stalking. The big bold letters announced it was his page. Harry Styles. Online hmm. Tempting, but instead I clicked out before my mind could over throw my hands. It wasn't worth it I reminded myself. Flipped on the radio I heard the first bars of an all too familiar song. "..don't know what for, you're turning heads when you walk through the door.." Even the radio was trying to ruin my day.  I remembered some time ago Harry had sang this song to me whilst I was cuddled in his arms. He kept on saying the song must've been about me. That song was huge in England at this very moment so I couldn't even trust myself to punch the knob anymore. I clicked off the noise sending myself back into silence. My flat was coming into vision and I pulled the car into a slot next to the multi-colored bricked apartments. My head ducked as I rushed through the parking garage tapping my phone all the way to the door when I slammed right into someone's lean chest. "Sorry," I mumbled trying to move out of the way without glancing up to see who the body belonged to. They didn't move or speak and there was no way for me to escape around them. I looked up to send a glare at them, and my jaw dropped to the ground. The sound of my phone clattering across the cement was muffled in my ears as I stared on, stunned into a complete silence. You had to be kidding me, not here, this was my safe haven. And with the cap of safety coming undone, all the memories came rushing back through the little hole.