All Eyes on Him

After months of waiting and training... Ochako could finally breathe a sigh of relief. She had made it into UA! She had passed the exam, and would begin school shortly. While the uniform was a bit expensive (skipping a few meals would solve that problem), she was relieved to be a part of this institution.

Class 1A finally convened for the first time, a few months after Deku's first kill, and Uraraka was nervous. Not only had she passed, but somehow made it into the best class possible. After they had made acquaintance with each other, Professor Aizawa showed them something. "I thought this would be important to show as to why heroes need to exist. It is a dangerous world out there, and one must not be undaunted by the horrors that lurk in the shadows..." He turned on the projector and showed a new story about a serial killer who butchered victims from head to toe. The class was horrified. After it ended, he said "it is a normal response to feel sickened by what you have just seen, but that is just the surface of what goes on in the world. We heroes combat this as swiftly and as hard as we can." He paused, "we have no idea what the killer looks like, as they often target those travelling alone. Some of the bodies have been drained of blood..."

Uraraka knew who it was instantly, That... That's deku... isn't it? He saved my life... but he still did this...

Iida Tenya asked a direct question "Is there any connection between the victims, sir?"
"He has not attacked children yet. However, his youngest victim, named Himiko Toga, was your age. One unusual fact about these killings is that each one has a record, which seems to be a coincidence. Other than that, it seems he will go for anyone. Now, with that out of the way, I would like to test your quirks outside. Go get your uniforms and meet me at the field... Uraraka, a moment, before you leave."

Confusion lined her features as she asked, "Sir?"

But, the ravenette didn't say a word as he waited for everyone to leave. Only after the last one did he start to speak. "You recognized something about the crime scenes. I could see it in your eyes."

Shit, am I in trouble?! Not knowing what to say, she only started to come up with a story. "I..."
"Do you know something?" His tone didn't indicate that she was in trouble, per say. In fact, it was likely that he was just looking for information on the perpetraitor, and since she was a hero student... she wouldn't be viewed as a suspect. That caused her to relax with relief.
However, she still had to broker the subject somehow, and so, the best policy was honesty. "I... was there at his first."
Aizawa's eyes sharpened, honing in on her own, even as they didn't meet his. "You saw the killer?"

She admitted why she hadn't said a thing. "He saved my life, sir. I was scared, and I didn't want to go back through that. That... and he's not a bad person."

He ignored that last part. Sentimentality has gotten heroes killed in the past, and he could try to work that train of thought out of her mind, if needed. "You can tell me what happened. All we want is to make sure he isn't a threat to anyone."
"I was walking home from the exam... I live alone... and was robbed at gunpoint. He came... and... and..."

She was reliving the memory. That much was clear. He didn't want her to focus on the emotions of that time, so, instead, he asked, "What did he look like?"
That seemed to snap her out from the fear. Aizawa knew at this point that she would have to see Hound Dog, especially as he listened to her description. "He was taller than me, black hair, green eyes, pale skin... his mouth..."

The pause was just as worrying as the rest of the description. "What about it?"
"It... it was cut open. L-like this..." She motioned from the edges of her mouth up her cheeks in an inhuman smile. It made the teacher's skin crawl from the concept, but he remained stoic, as a support for his student. "The way he killed them... I consider myself lucky that he liked me... because I'm alive because of him... I didn't want to push my luck..."
"Which is why you didn't contact a hero immediately... did you notice anything about his quirk?"