Chapter Nineteen

~~Arthur's POV~~

I can feel the anger boiling inside me with each step to Gaius's chamber.

I had wanted to quickly stop by my chamber to have a quick change of clothes, only to run into a bloody Gwaine who had to explain how he found Merlin and a dead Henry in a storage closet.

The same Henry who Gaius went to see only an hour before.

I ignore the guards who are trying to tighten Gaius's door back on and I March straight up to Gaius himself.

"Gaius. Would you please humor me on why my manservant was found dead with a man you were in a meeting with only an hour ago? I'm sure you have quite the explanation."

Gaius does a quick glance towards Merlin's door before gently leading me back outside.

When we walk a bit away from his chambers, we stop. I cross my arms and look at him expectingly.

"I'm afraid I have some news to share."

I use my hand as a gesture for him to continue.

"From the moment you brought her in, I had my doubts."

Brought her in?

"Hunith? Merlin's mother?"

"Yes. Hunith. There was just something off. And then I saw her necklace. Does that necklace remind you of anything?"

The one the traveler gave her? It just looked like a nice necklace. I shake my head at Gaius.

"Do you remember Sir Oswald and Sir Ethan?"

"Yes. But the thugs from the bar killed them and used necklaces to become them."

Gaius stared at me expectingly. Was I missing something?

"But Gaius. What do they have to do with Hunith?"

And now I get the eyebrow.

The thugs used necklaces to become knights. What did that have to do with Hunith's necklace? Unless.......

"Are you saying-"

"That the Hunith here may not be Hunith? Yes, Arthur, that is what I'm saying. Whoever that is was sent to spy and to report information. When I had a letter that I wouldn't even let the Prince himself see, I knew their curiosity would get the better of them."

"H-How can you be sure that Henry's death wasn't somebody else?"

Gaius is silent for a moment, thinking.

"Ask her about Merlin's father."

"That's the same with my father. I never knew him. And my mother's barely spoken of him."

"I've got this vague memory. It's probably just my imagination."

Merlin's father.

Merlin has ever only spoken once of him. He said how he never met him. His mother doesn't talk about him.

"Gaius. Do you know who Merlin's father is?"

Gaius's silence is all the confirmation I need. How could Gaius keep something like this from Merlin?

"You and I will be having a talk later. Right now, I need to confirm if your theory is correct."

Without looking back, I begin heading to the dungeons. If Gaius is correct, I'm going to need some stuff.

~~Elenese's POV~~

I sit with the boy contemplating on what I should do.

How could I not notice the boy in the closet?!?