35. Dr. Adi...get well soon

Seconds passed into minutes and minutes into an hour...though the clock is ticking I feel like time has stopped since Dr. Adi's stretcher got pulled in the operation theatre, that had been an hour ago. I peeked inside the room through the glass window of O.T's door. Only the backs of doctors and nurses in scrubs came in view. Everyone hovered around him, busily operating him. But I can see the monitor which showed his vitals that said until now his pulse, blood pressure, oxygen level, and heart rhythms are running in stable conditions.

The moment we reached the hospital, neither nurses nor doctors wasted even a minute or second. One by one all specialists came and checked his specific organs, in which they are specialized. After a complete examination they diagnosed, his loss of consciousness was because of traumatic brain injury. He had reddish-brown discoloration in his abdomen that was suspected to be an internal organ injury. And fracture of the right shoulder joint and left wrist joint. So, in the end, he has been undergoing multiple surgeries. Therefore, I assumed neither our distressed brain nor our restless heart will let us sit with serenity till he gets operated completely and come back to consciousness. Which I had no idea how long it's gonna be?

Involuntarily my eyes wandered on the clock hung on the wall, just behind me, which turned to be my only habit past 60 minutes. It said 12:15 am. Then my eyes drifted to the person, leaning against the wall below to the clock. He noticed my gaze and averted his pair of eyes from the glass window to me. We held our gaze for a long long moment across the hallway.

Dr. Ishaan's pair of bloodshot eyes held only fear, while I tried to return a gaze of spirited and determined courage to him...though all of my senses were in consternation, that something unexpected might happen... I didn't let that reveal out in front of that broken person who is the CCBFF of the man getting operated on in that room. Thence, I turned my head away as I couldn't keep that fake look for a long minute.

There is another woman who was known as his most adorable enemy who sat on the floor with shock hugging her knees and leaning her back against the wall and eyes staring at the ceiling. She tore her half of dress to use as a first-aid bandage to stop blood from all the bleeding wounds of Dr. Adi, at the sequestered area where she spotted him. She hadn't mentioned why she was on that road but thanks to Almighty God to let her car pass through that area at that time of night.

It must be their friendship strength that made Dr. Roshni pull him out of his crashed-accident car and shift him in her own car's passenger seat. It must be their friendship strength that turned Dr. Ishaan into a hulky man to carry Dr. Adi's bulky unconscious body over his shoulder from Dr. Roshni's car to his car bypassing all the jammed vehicles. I didn't expect Dr. Ishaan to do as his weight is at least a few pounds less than Dr. Adi's. He had to walk almost 300-400 meters carrying him.

On other hand, Dr. Ishaan got cleaned up, scrubbed, and urged to let him inside the operating room to which the Neurosurgeon, Orthopedics, Cardiologist, and Gastrosurgeon objected cause he didn't stop yelling and screaming commands as he was in a state of anxiety and nervousness. At last, they threaten him to give sedatives if he didn't behave humanly. Hence he agreed and stood at one corner, helplessly.

Except for these two, there was another woman who calls herself his wife, Dr. Chaya. I don't know what was going on in her mind. But I could evaluate there was no sorrow or grief or even distress in her deportment or attitude. Though she acted very well, that came out as overacting cause just sniffling non-visible mucosa without any traces of tears doesn't mean that you are crying or at least trying. A round of applause for her acting.

Next was his father-in-law, who proved that he is a politician, therefore, has a bull-mind. It's not like they don't have sense but many times they lack common sense and most of the time speak non-sense...That proved by his a couple of hours ago sense-less, stupid screams like... being a son-in-law of minister how can he get into an accident. Eventually, he implied his only 5% common sense and called police officers, and bragged at them to rule out the reason behind his accident.