Wedding plans

Back again
Unedited
-------

Dominic left me alone in the bedroom so he could attend to his business. Once the door shut behind him, I rushed to my purse to retrieve my cellphone. I dialed my brother's number and he answered on the second ring.

"What's wrong?" Roberto hollered through the receiver.

"Nothing's wrong...well nothing is wrong with me and Dominic. I'm calling because of papa. Dominic knows about Papa all the fake documents." I huffed in a panic. Despite my begging to Dominic, I had no idea how to handle this situation.

"Merda! How did he find out?"

"He's been talking to mama and he decided to do some research on his own. The people he's been running around with are clear enemies of Dominic. It wasn't hard to find out what his enemies have been plotting."

"Why are you calling me, what do you want me to do?"

I was utterly stumped at that question. What did I want him to do...hell what could he even do for me? At this point, Papa has dug himself into a hole and there's nothing for me to do but talk to him personally.

"Nothing, I guess. This might be on me to talk to him." I sighed sadly.

"Let me talk to him first. You two haven't seen each other since you left the first time and meeting to discuss his fuck ups isn't such a good idea."

"I love papa but he should have told me in the very beginning this was his plan. He had four years to make me disappear before I met Dominic. Why does he need to start trouble now?"

"He's scared. Papa doesn't want you in that life and doesn't want you to be Dominic's liability."

"What do you mean his liability?" I scoffed.

"If someone is crazy enough to attack Dominic who do you think they're going after first? You're the only thing on this planet that he would protect with his life and if someone where to take you away from him; it will end him. You're a bigger target than Dominic himself. Why kill him and end his suffering when they can make him suffer a lifetime without his love." Roberto shared.

This isn't news to me but it was troubling to hear coming out of my brother's mouth. I am a liability to Dominic and if someone truly wanted to hurt him they would come for me first. I can't say I've come to terms with those troubling realizations but it is something that I acknowledge and understand.

"Could you talk to him as soon as possible? This is the last thing I need to stress about."

"Yeah I'll talk to him when I get home. Why don't you need the added stress?"

"I guess you haven't spoken to mama. I'm getting married by the end of the month so there is absolutely no room to worry about anyone else."

There was a pause on the phone. It took a long moment before I heard breathing again.

"Wow, so soon?" Was all Roberto managed to say.

"This is what we want."

"Does the we include you're thoughts and input too? I know you guys are happy but if there's a inch of doubt, let it be know now." Roberto declared.

"This is my decision as well as Dominic. It was me who brought it up actually, so yes this is what I want and I am 100% comfortable and ready for that commitment."

"Okay, as long as you're apart of that decision, I'm fine with that."

"Thank you. Also, don't tell papa about the wedding if he doesn't already know yet. He should hear it from me."