20. Words and Woes

Posie POV

I wake up slightly disoriented. I look around and realize I am in my bed at the Cullen's house. As I am putting together the pieces of what happened last night, Alice walks into the room carrying a tray with breakfast on it. She sets it in my lap and takes a seat in front of me.

"I didn't know they were edibles, I swear!" I said nervously, afraid that she would be mad at me.

"Calm down Posie, you aren't in trouble. I just want to know how much you had. You were pretty panicked when you called Jas."

"I just took one, but I don't know how much was in it."

Alice sighed and asked me more questions about who gave it to me and if Hallie knew what it was and didn't tell me. After her interrogation, she hugged me and told me to eat then come downstairs. I was relieved that she wasn't mad at me, but I was still a little shaken up. I thought being high was supposed to be pleasurable, not fill you with a sense of doom.

I eat my yummy french toast that i'm guessing Esme made because she is amazing at making breakfast, then I put on my slippers and head downstairs. When I get downstairs, I find Alice and Jasper sitting on the couch whispering to each other. When they hear me approach they turn their heads. Jasper stands up and approaches me.

"Good Mornin' Darlin'." He says in a rough voice.

I smile up at him but don't respond.

"Can you give me a proper response please, Posie?"

I startle a little bit and reply with "good morning Jasper"

I absolutely hate being scolded even if it's just a little. I always feel ashamed and have the sudden urge to cry. Jasper senses this and pulls me into a hug.

"shh, no need to get upset sweetheart, I just want you to give me verbal answers ok? I can't read minds like Edward." He says softly.

I giggle a little bit and reply with a soft "ok"

Jasper sighs and guides me over to the couch. I sit down and Alice starts talking really fast.

"Listen Posie. Jas and I need to go to Italy to meet with the Volturi because they want us to change you now but we know how you feel about wanting to wait so we are going to go try to negotiate with them to hold off. But there is a chance they will take this opportunity to send someone while we are gone to change you themselves, so you will need to stay very, very, very close to Carlisle at all times."

Jasper joins in. "We don't believe they would come to your school for the risk of being exposed, but stay with Emmett or Rosalie just in case."

I silently listen and try to process everything they said.

"How long will you be gone?" I ask, not wanting to be away from them for long.

"We will leave in a few hours and be back tomorrow night if everything goes according to plan." Alice replies.

I nod my head then remember what Jasper told me and say "ok. Please be safe."

They both smile and Alice pulls me in for a hug. "We will be Pos, don't worry."

After they are done telling me their plans, we all cuddle on the couch for a while and watch the vampire diaries upon my request.

"Man, they got so much wrong!" Alice exclaimed.

"Yea, they can't sparkle in the sun like you guys." I say giggling. They both laugh at me.

After a few episodes, Carlisle walks with his work clothes on and a briefcase in hand.

"I hear I get to spend some time with my new favorite member of the family." He says with a smile.

"HEY!!" Esme yells from somewhere downstairs. We all laugh.

"Alright Pos, we have to get going. Be good while we are gone ok? And try to refrain from taking any candy from people at parties." Jasper winks at me.

I hug them goodbye, and the shoot out of the door. I turn to look at Carlisle who looks at me and says.

"Don't worry honey, they'll be fine."

.

.

.

Long time no see :) School has started and I already want to cry.

On the bright side I made the Varsity volleyball team but on the dim side I rarely get to play lol.

I also just bought the Crescent City by SJM and Cruel Prince but idk how im gonna find time to read it with school.

QOTD: Do you have a school uniform? If so what is it? If not what do you like to wear to school?

I go to a private school so I have a uniform. It's just a plaid skirt and a green, grey, or white polo.

Peace out

-Z