74| Attack

ARABELLA'S POV

ARABELLA'S POV

An overwhelming feeling was growing in the pit of my stomach while I was sitting in the car with Dad, Elijah, Noah, Kyson and Lucca.

The rest of the family were in the cars behind us as we drove to the venue.

Anxiety has suddenly replaced my excitement, which I am sure was because of going to the Mafia ball, but there was a smidgen of bad feeling in my heart that I couldn't seem to shake off.

When I felt a hand squeezed mine, I turned to look at Kyson who was giving me a concerned look.

"You okay?" He asked softly, the voices of the others talking faded in the background, as I tried to focus on Kyson's voice over my anxiousness.

A soft sigh escaped my lips and my hand reached out to rub my chest, attempting to alleviate the uneasy feeling that was growing with each passing second.

"Yeah, just nervous about being in the same room with all the Mafias in the world." I gulped, not even caring to hide the scared expressions on my face.

He immediately wrapped his arm around my shoulders bringing me closer to him as his worried expressions softened a little.

"I understand how overwhelming it can be, but don't worry you'll have all of us with you." He said softly and I started to feel bad for worrying him.

Tonight was a big night for him and for my four other older brothers, and here I was dampening his mood. I decided to let go of those uneasy feelings as I resurrected a smile on my face, which however seemed forceful.

And knowing Kyson he probably would have guessed as he gave my shoulder a small squeeze, his expressions changing to one of understanding but still with a look of concern in his eyes.

"Why don't you talk about what you feel, maybe it will help you a little—" He said, giving me a reassuring nod as he was genuinely trying to ease my mind.

"No no, I'm fine really, let's just talk about something else, the less I think about these overwhelming feelings, the less worried I'll be." I sighed and took a moment to recompose myself.

I was about to say something again but stopped when I acknowledged the eerily silence in the car along with very furious expressions on Dad and the other brothers faces.

My eyes met Kyson's whose eyes had turned cold as well, his gaze seemed to be fixated on the rearview mirror in the front of the car.

I followed his gaze but only to be met with the rest of our cars, nothing out of the ordinary.

"What—" I was about to question when Dad and the rest of my brothers brought out their guns while loading them, as they pulled the slide of their guns backwards and the sound of the click met my ears making my eyes widen in confusion.