thirty four

HARRY'S POV

I have the utmost respect for people who plan their whole wedding on their own. I could never.

I'm not even in the wedding, yet at this moment I'm currently out with Zayn and Hayden. Yes, Hayden, of all people, has been recruited to help. It's understandable though, it's T-minus seventy two hours until the big day. Everyone, mostly Addison though, is constantly running around, checking off checklists, making calls, basically driving themselves up a wall. Lainey has been at Addison's beck and call for the past few days, trying to keep her grounded as she panics and spirals from everything.

Of course I'm happy to help no matter what, but this is seriously insane. I'm currently standing in front of about twenty different brands of steamers and this is overwhelming, let alone planning a goddamn wedding.

"Just get this one." Hayden says, grabbing the box right in front of our line of sight and laying the checklist on the shelf to cross it off.

Yes, we were given two checklists of random shit to buy. Zayn has one and is currently on the other side of the store looking for shoe polish, and Hayden and I have our own.

"Ten gold two inch napkin rings? Do they even sell napkin rings here?" Hayden continues, reading the next thing on the list.

"Probably not." I reply, taking the list from him and looking at the next thing. One inch paint brushes. Huh? At this point, it's better if I don't question it because Lainey is definitely getting annoyed every time I ask why something so random is needed.

"Can't half of this be ordered online?"

"Technically yes, but I think they're worried stuff won't arrive in time."

"Wedding planners exist for a reason."

"Exactly why I'll be hiring one." I mumble, still looking at the list and scratching the back of my neck. Window markers? What?

"Oh yeah? How soon? Damn, your own family only found out you guys are together, like, three weeks ago, at least give us some time to absorb it."

"Don't even. I need a long ass break from anything associated with the word 'wedding' or 'married' for a long ass time. Also, the thought of proposing stresses me the hell out."

"Why?"

"I don't know. I think it's just the fact that I have three days to find a store that sells 'ink stamps with tiny flowers around the words 'happily ever after' on them'."

"Huh?"

"I don't even know."

We need to find Zayn, clearly. I need to find out how much sleep Addison has got in the last week. I would bet my entire bank account that it's next to nothing, because there cannot be a single rational reason why the entire Harry Potter series in hardback is needed.

"Just call Maddie. She'll be able to tell us what's actually necessary." Hayden says, running a hand through his hair.

Agreeing, I pull my phone out of my pocket and go to pull up her contact and click the call button. I put it up to my ear and listen to it ring five times before I hear shuffling on the other end.

"What's up?" She says, sounding busy and exhausted.

"Hi. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that we don't actually need the Harry Potter books for the wedding?"

"Um, no. What?"

"They're on the list."

"Jesus." She sighs. "Okay, just pick out anything that seems wedding-y on the list and disregard anything else. Or double check with Zayn."