Prologue

In a family where every melody echoed the legacy of generations, there was a young girl whose heart sang a different tune.

"Do you hear me, Steffi? You are born to embrace music!"

Born into a lineage of esteemed musicians, Steffi realized that her fingers longed not for the strings of a violin, but for the strokes of a brush against canvas.

"No, Ma. I'm not like you. I'm not like Papa... or anyone else in the house. Forcing a love for music is like trying to paint a rainbow without any colors. I'll never love music as you do!"

Before her tears began to fall, she took steps away from her mother and as always, in between her tears, she found his grandfather's warm arms surrounding her chest.

"My Steffi's crying again. Come here, just teach Lolo how to paint. Do you want that?"

In her grandfather's presence, her dreams came to life, for he believed in her when no one else did.

"Iyan ang mali sa iyo, Pa! Kinukunsinti mo si Steffi! Paano niya mamahalin ang musika kung sinusuportahan mo siya sa pagpipinta?!"

"It's her passion, Tilly. You're not supposed to stop a young girl's dream."

"She's my daughter, Pa! I'll decide what she'll do in the future! I want her to continue the legacy of our family. We are musicians! There's no room for a painter in this household!"

"Enough, Tilly! Baka marinig ka ng bata!"

Not far from where they were arguing, Steffi was hiding against the wall. She's holding a small brush that fit perfectly in her tiny hands and a sketchbook that was slowly getting wet from tears that were streaming down her face.

She heard everything.

So she lost hope.

How can she ever achieve her dreams of becoming a painter when she's left with nothing but a doubt?