Chapter 2

November 22, 1963:

Y/n's POV:

I stand on the Grassy Knoll with Five doing, what is hopefully, our last assignment for The Commission. After Five and I got stuck in the Apocalypse we have been trying to find a way back to our family. Then, we got an offer from a person called The Handler. She offered us a way home for 5 years of service for them. Me and Five excepted but we knew something about her was sketchy. So, we decided to break our contract. Here we are 4 years later standing on the Grassy Knoll waiting for Kennedy. Five is looking at his equations making sure everything is correct and I am pacing back and forth out of a nervous habit.

"Okay... this is it. This is the moment we have been waiting for for 45 years," Five says.

He puts away Vanya's book that had equations written all over them. When we were in the Apocalypse he found Vanya's book in what was left of the library. Five would read to me every night to help me fall asleep. It talked about how Luther got sent to the moon, how Diego was the first one to leave the house and no one has heard from him since (typical Diego), how Allison become famous and was a celebrity, and how Klaus was in rehab (that didn't surprise me too much but I am glad he is getting the help he needs). We also read how Ben passed away on a mission 3 years after we left. I remember crying in Five's arms when he read to me about his death. Vanya also gave out a lot of the family secrets, including what happened to Five and I and how they think we got stuck somewhere. They thought right.

"Are you sure this is going to work? The equations look off," I say in a worried voice. The last time we time traveled it obviously didn't go well so I was really worried.

"Yes, I am sure and the equations are fine. This is our way home to our family."

God how much I have missed my family. Even though our father treated us like shit there was still fun memories. I think because of how our father treated us that's what made most of us close to each other. Yes, we didn't always agree with one another but we only had each other. We couldn't go to the park like the other kids. Instead, we had to train all day every day. We couldn't have sleepovers with our friends because the only friends we had were each other.

I was the last to get adopted by our Dad when we were babies meaning, I'm the youngest. Even though we were all born on the same day and same hour, everyone still called me the youngest sense I was number Eight and like I said, the last one to be adopted. Because of this all the boys made a promise to protect me. I guess it was a big brother instinct. It was like I always had my own personal bodyguards. When we were 12 I came home upset because some boy saw me using my powers outside and called me weird. All of the boys (especially Five and Diego) didn't take that very well. The boy who made fun of me ended up getting a broken nose and Allison had to rumor him to forget who beat him up.

But of course, most of the time it was me protecting them. For example, Luther ended up getting a pretty big splinter on the bottom of his foot and cried when I took it out for him. Someone once made fun of Diego's stutter so I broke their nose. Klaus and Ben got the flu one time and I ended up taking care of them all day. Even though Mom insisted she could do it, I wanted to help. When we were 10 Five accidentally got cut with one of Diego's knives and I ended up having to give him stitches.

I was friends with everyone but I wasn't as close to the rest as I was Five. He was the one I was closest with. He was also the most protective of me (still is). Dad told me to take the trash out one time and Five wouldn't let me go to the back alley behind our house without him because he thought something was going to happen to me. He helped me with so many other things like my powers and my homework. Hell, he helped me choose was color lipstick I should wear. The last time our family saw us we were best friends and now we are going back to them as husband and wife.