Introduction

A puddle splashed to life when a stranger’s foot plunged into its center. The constant beat of a light runner echoed off the walls of a darkening alleyway and the shallow breath of lungs belonging only to a female, pulsed in terror. Another set of footsteps sounded, only this time they were of someone much larger and faster. The girl could feel herself tiring, and no matter how much energy she pumped into her feet, she had grown tired and her body couldn’t hold her up anymore.

Her aggressor, sensing her vulnerability, made his desired leap onto her and wrestled her to the ground. The girl lay on her back, scratching, screaming, and kicking. But this man overpowered her with no difficulty and soon coveted her body for his own pleasure. The atmosphere grew thick with a mixture of fear and perversion as the girl suffered this horrible deed. The man grew more violent and near the end of the session, he pulled out a knife and snatched the girl’s wrist.

The girl shrieked and then consoled herself with whimpering as the man carved two initials into her forearm followed by a scrawled out message. He then looked down at his victim—their eyes met for a moment and the girl knew what was to become of her. In one motion, the man placed a strong hand over her mouth and positioned all his weight onto her jaw.

With tears racing down her face and a chilly breeze tingling down her body, the girl looked up at the last face she would ever see before she felt the man’s hand shove her face to the side. Bones cracked and all went dark.