Gardens

"Daniel! Time to wake up. We are visiting the gardens today, are you excited?" Daniel mumbled a yes as he rubbed the sleep from his eyes. "There we go. Would you like to follow me or have me carry you?"

"I can walk, thank you though." Daniel stretched and sat up. He made his way down the steps and followed Amarvus out into the kitchen, where everyone was already. The kids were sitting at the table while Punthia was getting breakfast ready.

"Daniel!" Kangi waved.

"Hello!"

"Hi guys." Daniel was helped into his seat and Amarvus then went over to help with breakfast.

"Daniel, do you like sweet or salty?"

"Sweet, please." Amarvus started to pass out bowls. This looked similar to oatmeal, but with the same green coloring as yesterday's breakfast. "Thank you."

"Thank you, Uncle Marvus!"

"You are welcome, darlings."

"Hey, where is my thank you?"

"Thank you, Mama!"

"Thank you, ma'am."

"You are quite welcome." Punthia ruffled each of their hair, making the kids giggle. "So, are you guys excited?"

"Yes!!" The kids said at once.

"I cannot wait for you to see everything, Daniel!" Oormila started catching excitedly, "They have plants from everywhere!"

"Yeah! There is this one that gets really big, and you can watch it eat things!" Kangi joined the conversation.

"And there is this big tree that has all these pretty flowers." They both kept talking until they finished breakfast.

"Alright kids," Amarvus said as he was putting the dishes in the sink, "you go get ready. I have to go help Daniel."

"Ok!" They got up as Amarvus helped Daniel down. They went back to Daniel's room. Amarvus gave him a change of clothes and left the room. Daniel groaned when he saw what he came back with.

"Not again."

"I am sorry dear, but you have to wear it if you want to go."

"Fine, but I'm not happy about this." He raised his arms and let Amarvus put the harness on him.

"I know, I know you do not like it. Thank you for letting me put this on you." He buckled it in place. "There we go. Now we just need to get your shoes... and we are done!" He kissed Daniel's forehead and ruffled his hair. They left the room and waited for everyone else to finish getting ready. Punthia came out with the kids.

"Are you guys ready to go?"

"Yeah!"

"Alright then! Daniel, if you could hold still for just a second..." Amarvus hooked the leash onto the harness, "and we are off!" They left the building and headed to the monorail. Daniel and the kids were placed in the seats while Punthia and Amarvus stood beside them. The kids kept pointing things out the entire trip.

"And that big one is the aquarium!" Kangi pointed to a large blue building.

"Oh, we should go there next! Daniel, you would love it."

"We are going to visit the aquarium; I believe Nathen and Ghantin are supposed to meet us there."

"Who is that?" Kangi asked.

"Nathen is Daniel's friend from the ship."

"We get to meet another one?!" the kids' attention was on Amarvus.