Chapter 11

William began to kiss Jennifer's neck, nibbling as he went. His hands wrapped around her and began to unzip her dress. He took the straps and gently pushed them off of her shoulders, until the dress fell to the floor.

For Jennifer, the next several minutes were a bit of a blur. She willingly allowed William to caress her, his hands and lips explored every inch of her body. She thought this was what she wanted, and she was a willing participant, however Jennifer received little pleasure or joy from the experience.

Jennifer's body reacted to William's touch, and she could feel the butterflies in her stomach as he made love to her. She could feel as his body reacted to her, and her own body went through the motions of pleasure and release. She could feel when his pleasure peaked, but for Jennifer the experience was empty. She blinked back tears that her wolf wanted to cry, and wondered sadly about why she was unable to connect emotionally with William, who didn't seem to have any trouble being completely in the moment with her.

Neither one spoke as they caught their breath after William rolled over. He closed his eyes, reveling in the high that comes after such a pleasurable release, as his breathing began to return to normal. Jennifer lay there, running her mind over what had just happened, feeling the remnants of the tingling indulgence through her core, but also feeling like there was something missing. The butterflies from her stomach now gone, and the pit that had been there before was now growing and taking up more space inside of her.

"I should probably get going" William finally said as he sat up. "It's late and a good half hour drive back to the pack from here."

"Ummmm... Ok" Jennifer said, not having any other words come to mind, and she also sat up, pulling the sheet to cover her bare chest as she felt exposed and vulnerable, not knowing what to do next.

William dressed quickly, and Jennifer stood up and threw on a robe that she hastily pulled from the closet. William opened the bedroom door, Jennifer following him and they walked toward the front door where he turned and gave her a quick peck on the check.

"I'll call you later" he said to her and he turned and walked toward his car.

"Thanks for tonight" Jennifer said, feeling the compulsion to express gratitude for the date, but having no idea what else to say.

William gave her a quick wave of the hand and a wink, "it was my pleasure" he said smilingly as he got into his car and then drove away.

Jennifer closed her front door and leaned against it for a few minutes as she replayed in her mind everything that had just happened. She showered and went to bed, trying to fight the sinking feeling she had that wouldn't go away. It was the first time she had been intimate with anyone beyond just making out, and she couldn't help but feel like this wasn't how someone was supposed to feel afterward. She had willingly engaged, and her body had reacted in pleasure, but she couldn't fight the feeling that it wasn't right, that even though her mate was dead, she had been unfaithful.

Jennifer's sleep was restless and she woke up the next morning feeling more tired than when she had gone to bed. But she didn't have the luxury of going back to sleep because she had to get to get ready for work. She checked her phone to see if there were any messages from William, wondering what he would say the next time she heard from him, but there was nothing.

"You look awful" Tommy said to her teasingly, but with a slight bit of concern, when she walked into the restaurant to begin her shift.

"Gee thanks" she said with a smirk, as she walked to the employee's room to put her things away.

"So, how'd it go?" her friend Katie asked when she walked into the room.

"It was a nice night" Jennifer said, unable to hide the blush that quickly rose up her neck and face.