Don't Let Go (A Student/Teacher Relationship) Part Nineteen

I caught Jeremy’s gaze for the fifth time in about two minutes and rolled my eyes. He threw me a sympathetic smile and we both turned our eyes back to Danny who looked up at me expectantly.

“Huh?” I asked, trying to hide my smile as I saw Jeremy biting his lip to hold back laughter from the corner of my eyes. Danny sighed and returned to his babbling again. He’d been acting really odd; not letting Jeremy and I out of his sight and when we’d been walking side by side he’d forced his way in between us and slung an arm over our shoulders. And when I’d leant on Jeremy’s shoulder as we’d sat down, he’d pushed us both over into the grass. I know Danny, as well as I know myself, and there is definitely something bothering him. Landon kept sending both the guys cold glares as well, while Matt and the twins took great delight in their wolf-whistles and oh-so-appropriate comments (note the sarcasm). I’d finally got rid of them by sending them on a mission to go buy me some Diet Coke but Danny had refused to go with them.

           After another five minutes of seemingly forced conversation Mikey wandered over with his girlfriend Harriet.

“Hey Danny, Can you come over here for a minute? I need to talk to you about something” He fixed his eyes on me with an unmistakeable ‘you owe me big time’ look. I nodded slightly and shot him an unbelievably grateful smile as Danny sauntered over to them, shooting Jeremy strange glances. Harriet caught my eye and gave me a subtle thumbs up, to which I responded with a shy smile. Harriet was a sweet girl, at sixteen she was about eight months older than Mikey but you couldn’t help but be happy they had each other – they were so perfect together. As the trio walked away I felt a mega watt smile settle across my face as I turned to face Jeremy. His expression mirrored my own and I was stunned at how good looking he was. We were finally left alone.

            “So, what’s your favourite song?” Jeremy asked me, winding my hair around his fingers. My head rested on his chest as we lay on our backs in the warm grass.

“Hmm, I think I have to say Your Song; but the Elton John version… Or Moulin Rouge” He chuckled and I smiled up at him warmly. We’d been playing twenty questions and so far I’d learnt that his favourite colour was blue, he loved chocolate and grapes, hated dogs and sci-fi movies, he played football all through his school career right up until third year of college but now he just ran to keep fit. He had two younger sisters, who were twins and both in college and he worked at DeLuxe part time but he was starting a new job somewhere else in about two weeks, although he’d refused to tell me where, claiming I’d ‘jinx it’.

“Yeah, that is a good song. But nothing can beat Linkin Park!” I rolled my eyes. He was a complete music freak. Over the course of our conversation he’d also proved to be an amazing singer by completing a perfect rendition of Bruno Mars’s Marry You, which had me blushing like crazy, since he’d never once taken his gaze from mine as he sung. “It’s your turn” He reminded me and I thought for a moment

“Favourite film?” He answered without hesitation

“300” I simply raised an eyebrow and he immediately became defensive “What? Those Spartans were damn awesome” He chuckled

“Plus it has Gerard Butler in it. He makes any film worthwhile” I sighed wistfully and he huffed, flicking my forehead playfully.