04 | Profile Etiquette

This is a little something to make everyone's general experience more pleasurable on any community profile. There are some things that are frowned upon just as there are things that need more appreciation.

Everything here applies to the TeenFiction profile as well.

Advertising

We know this profile, or any other, seems like the perfect opportunity to post the link to your story. But it's not... DEFINITELY NOT. It's not cool to promote your story on another users story and/or message board.

You can inquire about how to share or promote your story, it's natural to want some love on your amazing stories. There are multiple ways to get your story out there, visiting How To Use Wattpad is a start. There are also multiple book clubs, review shops and other fun activities both community and ambassador run profiles host to participate in to get new folks to read your story. 

Votes

Keep these three words in your mind. No vote trading! Nobody's gonna be impressed by vote trading. Wouldn't it be more fun and feel more honest if you get all those votes by hard and honest work?

Vote on the stories you enjoy and support the author. Votes represent your admiration, so show your love of fine writing by pressing that star.

Interacting

Absolutely do NOT spam or harass profiles. We're not bots, we are human. You never know who you're talking to, be mindful of your tone. It's not nice to hurt feelings. 

Tact

Don't act out of anger. Before you go to war with your keyboard as a weapon, take a moment and calm down. You are entitled to your opinion, but before you hit send calm down and respond rationally. Step back and think of a better way to sort the issue, one that won't hurt any feelings. 

Asking for help

Don't forget, it's easy to search up the information you might require. We do have brainy people in our team, but we're not google. Make sure you check to see if you can find the information on your own.

But if you can't find what you require, you're more than welcome to ask us for help. We'd love to help!