2. So the tour begins

I don't entirely remember falling asleep that night, it felt like some kind of sick fever dream, the fire almost engulfing my entire body and then the whole being slammed against a table like a sack of potatoes-, that was until I woke up feeling the sharp pain throughout my body once more. I slowly sat up and looked around the room curiously trying to distract myself as much as possible. It was a small unit, to the left of the bed was a door that led to the bathroom, then there was a decent-sized closet and even a small dresser next to the bed, and the main door to the hallway was against the north wall which was right directly across from my bed.

It was hard to tell the exact time of day, I mean I was underground and they didn't have any clocks inside the room to be fair nor any windows. Shrugging it off I decided to head to the shower, as I slipped out of my ash-caked clothes, I wrinkled my nose wishing I had showered before I slept in that super clean bed. wonderful Idea Pyro. As I stood in front of the mirror I frowned examining the damage. My body was littered with scorch marks along with a few dark bruises, honestly, it was disgusting enough to make me wanna puke. Shuddering I stepped into the shower and cursed silently as I trembled barely able to keep myself upright. After what seemed like the longest most painful thirty minutes of my life, I stepped out and wrapped a towel around my waist, and walked into my room looking for the bag of clothes that Atlas provided me with. Who knew a shower could be so exhausting? Not me that's for sure.

A loud knock on the door startled me causing me to zone back in, I was standing there in just a towel and completely had zoned out whilst rummaging through the bag's contents.

Then there was Atlas casually strolling inside as if I wasn't half-naked, the audacity of this guy, I mean what if I didn't have the towel!? I raised an eyebrow and held onto my towel as I eyed him. "I know yah knocked and all-but yah could've at least waited till I said come in," I muttered.

"Well, you didn't necessarily say I couldn't either." He said flatly with a slight shrug as he proceeded to sit down on the bed, I glared over at him and grabbed my clothes going to finish getting dressed in the bathroom, seriously the nerve of this guy-.

After I finished I headed back to the main room and peered over at Atlas with squinted eyes, looking at him just sitting there so nonchalantly, what if I was naked???

The dude had to be at least 6'7, his voice seemed quiet yet held a serious and deep tone to his voice as he spoke. At first glance, he looked intimidating, like he could snap me in half like a twig- but after examining his small movements he almost seemed timid and soft, kinda like a giant teddy bear, pfft get a load of this guy.

"Are you all ready?" He asked abruptly and turned his attention towards me, I shifted and cocked an eyebrow curiously. "Ready for what exactly?" He paused and got up fixing my messy bed briefly before giving me a reply "I'll be giving you a tour of the bunker, I thought I mentioned it last night, but it must've slipped my mind" he mumbled and scratched the back of his neck before giving a slight shrug.

I sighed quietly to myself, in all honesty, I just wanted to sleep and be lazy as fuck, But I guess it wouldn't hurt to know where to find some food around here- man pancakes sound so good right now...maybe a glass of ice cold orange juice too-

"Alright then let's get going, it'll take us a good two to three hours to get around the lower floor, we'll stop and have lunch, then make our way back to this floor, which would take about 1 hour at the least depending on how fast you walk and the number of questions you may have." I turned around and stared over at him, he had to be joking right? Right- This bunker was that big? How the hell did they even build this thing so huge, I mean that's absurd- "lead the way I guess" I grumbled and grabbed a jacket tucking my hands away in the pockets as I followed him out. This was going to be a long day. My legs are going to fall off here before any creature can get me.

Once we started it was as dreadful as I had imagined it would be, we were on the lowest floor and the tour started in the farthest part of the South wing. Down there was the main power room as well as a huge purification system that ran along the halls and lead to two major rooms. Those rooms contained the farms where they tried to grow as much food as they could. I also learned although we have farms we still have to go on weekly scavenges since food doesn't instantly grow in a day, duh. Next up was a small lab where there were a few people conversing about something I certainly couldn't comprehend, imagine being smart couldn't be me. Basically the lower levels South wing was sorta like the powerhouse and held everything that kept the bunker up and running smoothly. Although It might not last forever, especially if their supplies and main power source were to go out. The thought of that made me feel uneasy but I stayed quiet as Atlas lead the way to the North wing. 

The North wing contained three main rooms, one was just an average gym-like room that was accessible at all times. The second one contained a ton of different targets, some hanging, some moving, and others were standstills, you had to have permission from Apollo to borrow a gun, bow, or crossbow from the artillery safe, which Is located on the main level. Then the final room held heavy equipment and even a small boxing ring for more hand-to-hand Combat training, anyone could train there but had to have supervision from one of the main people in charge to ensure nothing got outta hand, I have no clue who they are yet and have no intentions of getting into that ring anyway. I mean seriously my arms are like noodles.

As we kept walking my mind wandered, there were a lot of people staying here but most kept to themselves and only helped out during runs or volunteered to help around the farms if needed, so It seemed like a stable community. What makes me wonder though, is how they knew about this place and how long has this been going on. I shrugged and sighed softly letting myself briefly zone out for the time being while we made our way to the cafeteria for some food. Finally real food-sweet sweet food...