Chapter Eleven

Before he could deepen the kiss and taste her sweet mouth, footsteps came running up to his door, and Walter and William pounded on it.

"Lucas, Lucas, someone's at the door. Come quickly, " they yelled. Lucas left her reluctantly and opened the door. 

The boys looked at their sister and Lucas and grinned. Walter pulled Lucas's head to his ear. "Lucas, did you kiss her?" he asked in a whisper.  

Lucas grinned shyly, scratching the back of his head. He pulled a shirt on and left with them. "Please, could you pack whatever you want me to wear?" he said with a wink. Violet rolled her eyes and went to check his closet.

The boys whispered amongst themselves as they left the room with Lucas. By the time they all returned, Violet already had packed two suitcases full of his stuff. He came inside the walk-in closet and smiled happily. 

"You're fast. I think I should keep you with me," he said with a wink. 

Violet blushed remembering the way he had kissed her. The feeling of his lips still lingered on hers. The truth was that she was very disappointed when he broke the kiss. It was her first kiss and it ended abruptly. 

Lucas brought another suitcase and emptied his important stuff from a safety deposit box. He too helped Violet as the boys checked out his TV in his room. Inside the walk-in closet, Lucas came near her. 

"I will continue where we left off," he whispered into her ear, his lips skimming her earlobe. She turned and looked at him with shock. Her brothers were in the next room and he was thinking of kissing her! 

"No," she whispered back, her eyes wide with horror. Lucas grinned and continued packing. He would have to finish that kiss properly. After tasting her mouth, he was wild with the desire to completely ravish her mouth. 

He carried all the suitcases outside the closet to his room. "Walter, go and call Billy here," he instructed. Walter nodded and went to call him.

"William go get your suitcase," said Lucas, and William ran to get it. He got it after a minute. Walter came back a minute later with a tall buff man. 

"Billy, this is Violet. Violet this is my right-handed man, Billy Preston," introduced Lucas and Billy nodded at Violet in acknowledgement. Violet smiled in acknowledgment.

"Billy, please take all this luggage to my new home. The housekeeping team from the hotel should be there cleaning. Oversee the work. We're on our way there," Lucas instructed. 

"Yes sir," said Billy and picked up all the luggage and left. 

"Are we ready to go?" asked Lucas. 

"Yes, let's go,  yay," said William. 

Lucas glanced at Violet and she nodded. "Fine then, let's lock this up and leave," he said. 

So they checked everything and locked all windows, picked up their important stuff, and walked out of the penthouse. "Should I inform Sarah ma'am before leaving?" asked Violet. 

"Yes, I have informed her. They have calculated your last month's dues and will pay you when you go," said Lucas. Violet grinned happily and went downstairs to Sarah's office. Lucas and the boys went down to the parking lot and waited beside his car. While the boys admired his car, Lucas spoke to Billy on the phone. 

After twenty minutes, Violet came down with a smile on her face. She received a lot of money and she was happy. 

"Let's go," she grinned and Lucas smiled back at her enthusiasm. He helped her to the passenger seat while the boys bundled into the backseat. 

"Are we there yet?" asked the eager boys for the tenth time. 

"No," said Violet, "Why don't you look for all blue things and count? Whoever sees the most will win," she said to engage them. 

They drove along Santa Monica Ocean Avenue to Hart Street which was just a stroll away from Main St, Santa Monica Pier, and Venice Beach. The boys jumped with excitement as Lucas drove through the open gates into the garage. They all piled out of the car.

The boys ran to the boundary iron railings and watched the beautiful ocean beyond. There was a huge park beside their house and the kids jumped excitedly at everything. "Lucas there's an outdoor shower for rinsing off after an ocean swim in the rear yard. Come see it," said Walter excitedly. 

"You check it out, I'll just check out the cleaning. Later we will explore. Okay?" said Lucas. 

"Sure," Walter said, running off to discover more things.

"Don't go to the oceanfront alone. Whatever you do, stay in the house," warned Violet and the boys nodded before disappearing behind the house.

Lucas led Violet inside the house where workers were cleaning and sanitizing the entire house. Billy came downstairs and updated them. The cleaning of the upper floors was nearly over and they would soon shift to the lower floors.

Violet left them to talk and went to check out the house. The house had a stunning open-plan great room with hardwood light floors, a huge fireplace, a wrap-around balcony, and beautiful ocean views from the huge bay windows. Overlooking the great room was an airy loft which instantly became her favourite place to sit and watch the stunning Pacific views.  On the ground level was a large entertainment and dining room with its own kitchenette, deck, and additional back entrance. The deck was an extension of the wrap-around balcony and the beautiful seating area made it her favourite too. She inspected the kitchen. She had never seen so many modern appliances in all her life. She had to learn to operate all of them. 

Violet was already in love with the house. Lucas came to stand beside her. "Do you like it?" he asked, looking at her and coming close to her. He had bought it with her on his mind. He wanted to live with her forever in this little haven. 

"Yes, I love it, " she answered shyly.

Lucas's arm went around her and he whispered in her ear. "I want to live here with you, forever," he said biting her ear lobe, teasing her senses.

Violet shivered at the torture. "Forever is a dream, Lucas, " she said honestly. 

"No, it's not. You can't escape from me. I want nothing less than a forever with you, " he said and Violet looked at him, feeling lost in the promises he was making. She wanted to give in to him and see what the future held. She was tired of fighting this feeling for Lucas. She wanted him to kiss her. She wanted to believe that he truly loved her. Maybe she would deal with heartache when it struck. 

"I want to kiss you, Violet, " he confessed, his lips skimming her neck and inhaling her soft sweet scent of violets. "Do you want me?" He asked, deliriously. 

"Not now please," she said, eyes widening as she looked all around her. The workers, Billy or the boys might come in any minute.

"Just tell me, do you want me to kiss you," he asked and she nodded shyly and walked away, rushing up the stairs to see the bedrooms.