7 | Cry

Samuel loved sleeping. (who didn't?) He was a heavy sleeper, which made it harder for him to get up early. When he's truly determined to wake up early the next day and do work, he could, but these days, all he wanted to do was sleep, sleep, sleep.

Alas, "sleep, sleep, sleep" wasn't something he could do then, because his mother was shaking him continuously in order to wake him up.

"Get up!! Didn't you say you were going to get your marks today? Don't wanna be late for that."

After hearing those words, Sam literally stopped breathing. How the hell did I forget?! Shit, shit, shit, shi-

"Are you gonna get up now or-"

"Yes, yes, I'm sorry. I'm up. See?" he said, immediately getting out of his bed.

His mom hummed and left the room. Sam then reached out to his phone to check the time - it was 6:34am. He saw a bunch of notifications from his chemistry partner, Brian:

Brain

SHIT 

SAM

I NEED YOUR CHEMISTRY NOTES PLEASE I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THEM AND I'M ABOUT TO GET SCREWED BY MRS SINGH

UGH

ARE YOU AWAKE OR WHAT

HELLO???

Sammy

uhh yeah sure 

[ file attached ] 

I converted it into a pdf so it would be easier

Brain

KUEEUWGFEBJHF THANK YOU DUDE

YOU'RE A LIFE SAVER

SERIOUSLY

I OWE YOU SO MUCH YOU'RE LITERALLY THE BEST

Sammy

you're welcome

and no lol you don't owe me anything

Sam sighed. He himself was barely catching up with all the work in school and here there are people wanting help from him. He also couldn't help but notice how Brian always just came to him for notes, and nothing else. He didn't strike Sam as someone who he could be friends with, as Brian was never really the kind of person you'd want help from, considering his lack of interest in school and people in general. He had a few groups of people all over the grade and would call one group his "best friends till the day I die" on one week and would move on to do the same with another the next. Definitely not friend material. He was up-to-date with all the rumors and gossips, though, Sam could give him that. 

Quickly shutting his phone and mind, Sam got out of bed, brushed, showered, and put on his favorite dark blue hoodie with black jeans and left his room. He ate his breakfast which was on the table, grabbed his lunch box and bag, and left. Usually, he waited for June to catch up with him halfway. Their houses weren't too far apart, but they didn't go to each other's houses and waited, they just caught up on the way, which saved time.

Today, though, June was nowhere to be seen. Sam took his phone to see the time and saw that he had only ten minutes left for the gates to close and the walk would definitely take more than that if he had to wait. So he decided to walk on his own and reached school just on time for his classes to start. He was not looking forward to those. His first class was math - math, the subject he loved but never scored well in. He always either messed up his calculations or misread the question. Either way, he knew he could score well if he just rechecked his answers properly and thoroughly. Sighing, he went into his class and took out the books he'd need. He was nervous beyond words, but what had to happen, had to happen.