Chapter 45 - Saturday

TangShi was tired but pensively watching the door and checking her phone and watch obsessively. It was almost seven thirty and YuZhi hadn't been in touch since he left for the airport before four pm earlier in the day. She had no idea if he was delayed or stuck somewhere.

"Girl, I love everything you create but that one is coming home with me." Linlin gave her a nudge, pointing at a large painting in the center of the wall, hushing her voice so nearby lurkers wouldn't know TangShi was the artist. Another pond scene, only this one had multicolor fantail goldfish that looked ethereal and magical like underwater sirens. A palette of pastel colors that gave a warmth like a summer day.

"This one is my favorite in the whole gallery. I'm sure you may have to fight me for it." Rong Cai cut in, walking up behind them and Linlin gave him a side eyed squint. He had been hovering near TangShi all day and eavesdropping on any conversations she had looking for a way in.

"I'm a black belt in Taekwondo, I don't think you really want to try me." Linlin remarked haughtily, not liking this guy anymore since that night in the bar and no longer trusting him as far as TangShi was concerned. She got creep vibes the longer she knew him, and she had witnessed his eternal following around the gallery all day.

"Money speaks louder than punches, kiddo." Rong jested, patting Linlin on the head and getting a glare of fury in return that could melt steel. Her temper rising because she hated people treating her like a child, based on her four-foot eight height. Not amused with this chump as it was and he earned himself another black mark.

"I'll maim you if you do that again." She stropped, spitting a snarky retort and TangShi had to pull her back and smile as though she was joking.

"Linlin is feral, excuse her. She bites." She giggled nervously.

"Damn right she does, but that's her sexiest quality." A voice from further back drew both women to turn to see who it was and Linlin broke into a huge grin as ZhengLi swaggered towards them. Looking hot in washed out jeans, trainers, and a leather bomber jacket with a pair of shades sat on top of his head and that walk of a confident 'dude' who was used to being center of attention. Linlin couldn't control herself and ran for him at speed, jumping into his awaiting arms and encircling him with legs, lassoing him around the neck for a welcome home kiss.

Sinking one on him that wasn't appropriate for a public venue, but ZhengLi encouraged it by kissing her back and sliding his hands under her ass to keep her up while he devoured her. She too had been having serious withdrawals this past week without her man and yet had no clue he would come here today as he didn't tell her. He was all about surprises.

TangShi squinted past them in excitement, not caring about their behavior as she was used to it now. Looking for YuZhi but as yet there was no sign of him, and she brushed past Rong and made her way to ZhengLi. All but ignoring the man who was craving her undivided attention and oblivious to his darkening mood.

"Where is he?" TangShi strained her neck looking towards the door and seeing no one new coming in. Her heart deflating with disappointment that maybe he sent ZhengLi instead. Confused as to why he would be here and YuZhi wasn't.

"Behind you." A voice right at her ear made her jump, her heart skipping a beat as she spun on the whisperer and squealed to see her own perfect lover in an outfit not all that different to ZhengLi's. Obvious they both dressed causally to skip home for a night, and he looked swoon worthy and somehow Hollywood hot like this.

TangShi jumped into his arms, catching him around the neck and tugged him down to her face so she could kiss him with force. Overwhelmed with her happiness and smothering him with love, losing awareness of time and place and acting impulsively. YuZhi wrapped her up tight in an embrace and gave her a squeeze, kissing her with less passion than Zheng and Linlin's due to him having more respect for art shows. Submitting to her sweet kisses and not really minding about the art lovers wandering around and throwing them snooty looks for their disruptive behavior. He indulged her, content with finally having her back in his arms.