Dangerous seas

As much as he wanted us to remain in that room, the seas demanded otherwise. The waves reminded me of that fateful day of a certain promise was made between Killer and I. 

The waves crashed against the haul of the ship, making our poor Vitory teeter back and forth, fighting against the strong waves.  Not only that but with Kid off sinking enemy ships, we were left to defend our own. 

" Layla, don't go jumping into the waves now. " Killer jokes pulling me into his side once to kiss my head. 

" I would never dream of it. " 

we exchange a few short words before finding ourselves with to much to do to even think about trying to find one another again. 

Enemies fired at us and attacked us from all sides while the captains of the respective ships attacked the main gun ships. As far as I could see, everyone is holding their own and I can only laugh. Everyone, not just us, every single one of us have grown since the last time we saw each other on that one fateful day. 

I make my to the top of the mast to shoot down as many enemies as I can, trying hard not to think about the fact that once they hit the water, they will drown. 

Before we know it, they are retreating back and for a moment, we've won. It is our time to attack. Kid rushes back with a winning grin on his face. 

" We're going." He orders more than anything wanting to beat the other crew to onigashima. I look around to see that the other crews are doing the same with Luffy in the lead. As much as it hurts, being a rival crew, I'm proud to see him thriving. 

I want to tell him everything that's happened, I want to hear everything about him but this is not the time nor place. 

" I hope after all this we get a break. I'm tired for once. " Wire walks up beside me rubbing the back of his neck trying to rid himself of an ache. .

" A short vacation would be nice, even if it's for a day or two. " Heat joins in and finally Killer. 

" But you know Kid could never."  We all sigh in disappointment.

" Though, we could probably get away with sailing through quiet waters for a few days" Killer adds and I can almost imagine the grin he's giving under his mask. A slight laugh escaped and as soon as the crew hears they laugh to join his. 

I hold his hand and we contiune sailing. It will take at least a few hours to reach our destination, especially thorugh these dangerous seas. This will be our last few moments to relax and be beside each other. 

" I want to thank everyone for everything. Sometime I think that I shouldn't thank you all for my life but I really do want to. I would be dead at the bottom of the sea without you all. I would be lifeless without you all. I wouldn't have been able to live up to the Kid pirates name without you all. So before everything goes down, beofre this moment is lost to time, I want to at least thank you in words, for everything that has happened until now. " I try to contiune but a heavy hand pulls me against a chest. I see a flash of red and I know exactly who it is.

My captain, one of my greatest friends, my hero, Kid, Eustass captain Kid. 

" Why the hell you sound like you're about to die. n you were right. you shouldn't have thanked us. Stop being sappy. We ain't like that." He ruffles my hair roughly but I turn myself around to face his chest. 

" But i'm serious Kid. I really want to thank everyone. Even you. Realy truly, thank you." I hug him the best I can and I have to force myself from crying. He leans down giving up and hugging me back, uncharacteristically I might add. 

" Did something happen?" He barely whispers and I can only hold back my tears. I smile teh best I can. 

" It's never nothing." I reply back before I hug Killer. He stares at me for a moment before hugging me hard. He knows me too well. he feigns ignorance for my sake even while knowning he will probably be hurting later on. 

" I need to speak with Kid for a few minutes but, after that, I won't ever leave your side. I'll be with you until the very end. " I part  and follow Kid as he leads me to his work room for probably the last time in a long time. 

" I hate when you're being all mysterious and stuff." He grumbles throwing himself on his desk. He nods towards the chair and I shake my head. 

We stand in silence for a few moments before I begins to explain myself. 

The thundering of my heart drowns out the sound of the dangerous seas outside. 

Kid slams his hands on the desk shattering the wood as if it's glass. 

Hot tears run down my cheeks and I try to smile. 

" It can't be helped. It'll be ok. It'll just be for a little while. There's nothing we can do." He tries to interject but I throw myself at him to hug him, not only to calm him but to comfort myself. 

" I'm only telling you because I respect you as my captain and because I, believe in you. I need you to go on as if you don't know, I need you to be the heartless, ruthless captain you are and go on. Lead the crew past it. Kid, I know you can do it. I know you'll be ok because you're my own personal hero. You're my fearless captain.. you're my best friend. I trust you, and I believe in you. Everything will be ok." 

He simmers down and slowly crumbles, with shaky arms, he hugs me tightly. 

" I don't want to" He almost wimpers but I rest my head on his as he hugs me. 

" but you have to. it's for the best. because I know what I felt is inevitable. It's only a matter of time.  So I need you to know that I love you all. I love you, Heat and Wire. and I need you to tell him, Killer that I love him so much. That If I could, I'd bring chaos to the earth and sea for him. I'd uproot all of the earths trees and pull down all of the sky's stars if it'll prove to him how much I love him. I need you all to know that I won't ever forget, I won't ever dare to forget anything." He finally looks up at me after falling to his knees.

His eyes are as clear as day, helpless. 

" I have no right to be selfish right now after telling you all of this but, can I be selffish for just a moment." I feel the hiccups coming, the reluctant breaths of air leaving my lungs. 

He stands and pulls me in, hugging me, hiding me in himself. 

" I'm so scared Kid. I'm so scared of him of what's going to happen, I'm so scared of not knowing what and when it's going to happen. I don't want to go. I want to go far away from here. I want to run away. I want to run and hide where no one can find me, where the fates and destiny can't find me. Into the sky where there is no land, deep into the ocean's depths where no hands can reach me. So please, just lie to me, lie to me and say that you'll protect me, that you'll protect me from the whole entire world. " He hugs me and I, maybe I imagine it, but I see tears falling from his eyes. 

" How the hell am I supposed to leave this room as if everything is ok." 

" I don't know but let me know when you figure it out cause I need to do the same."