Chapter 34: Far From Happy Ever After

"Hi James, Can you please tell Miss Vivian about the flowers? Because we need those right now. "

I said and on the phone in a voice message. I turned my phone off and placed it on the table. I quickly rushed outside to the garden to help organize.

Today was our big event for the kids in the orphan's shelter. We arranged a fun and lovely day for them, I was so excited since I love these kinds of events and children make my heart melt.

"Camila! Over here." I heard a voice say.

I looked behind and saw Katherine behind the playing booth.

I quickly went to her, puzzled. When I approached her, she quickly pulled me to her side and covered the booth, and she opened a little tiny hole where we could look outside and pointed at me and said I should take a look.

I peaked my eyes at the little hole and saw Alejandro. I looked back at Kathrine, confused.

"Can you see him?" She squealed and I nodded.

"You guys are so perfect for each other." She said it dreamily, and I chuckled.

"Come on, let's just help organize this event," I said and yanked her out of the booth laughing.

"Camila! The flowers are here." I heard Lorenzo shout and I quickly went to the entrance of the venue.

"James!" I shouted as I saw him load out the flowers.

"Camila, hey, here are the flowers you asked for, daisies right?" he said, and I nodded, hugging him.

"You don't know how much you helped me," I said and pulled away.

He said, "Well, I've got to go. My girl is waiting for me, "and I laughed and nodded."

I walked over to the truck and helped Lorenzo take the flowers.

I was suddenly dragged by the waist and slammed into someone's chest while I was arranging the tables. When I opened my eyes, I saw the one and only Alejandro.

"Hello, love," he said softly, and I smiled.

"Hello," I murmured as I wrapped his neck with my arms.

"Who was the person you were with a few minutes ago?" he said, his tone suspicious.

"It was a friend, James," I said, laughing at the thought that he was becoming envious.

"Why are you laughing at me?" he said, brushing the hair off my face behind my ear.

"You're becoming envious." I sniggered, and he kissed me on the lips.

He said, "You're mine and only mine," and walked away.

A sigh left my mouth and I continued back to my work. When I was done, I was going to walk out of the booth but suddenly stumbled into someone. By that I mean, someone stumbled into me.

I opened my eyes to see a black-masked man. He was shocked.

"Sir, are you okay?" I asked worriedly. He pushed me away and ran.

"Who was that?" I asked myself.

I quickly followed the guy, and suddenly I was called Kathrine.

"Camila, come on, the games are starting." She says and looks at me.

"Camila, what happened?" She asked and I quickly tried to find the guy with my sight.

"There was a guy who was in full black and-" I said I was anxious and she cut me off.

"Maybe it's just some random guy." She said and yanked me inside the venue again.