Chapter 23

You were home alone today, well not entirely alone but no Francis, no Alexis and no Elizabeth, Edward was at school but as for the others they'd gone out for some reason. you didn't hear where and didn't wanna go so it meant home alone which was nice "now if only I was back in the 2020s then life would be good, sadly I'm not now that I think about it, I'll likely see World War 1 ugh yeah that's gonna be fun not," you said to yourself. you were in your room as you were lying on your bed head upside down, you heard a knock quickly you sat up and said "it's open"

 you were in your room as you were lying on your bed head upside down, you heard a knock quickly you sat up and said "it's open"

(Your outfit change it to whatever colours you want)

You saw it open and Ran come in she said "is everything ok?" you nodded and said "yeah it is" Ran smiled "well do you want to do something?" she asked 'let's see, if I stay here, I'll be bored out of my mind and it'll give me something to do' you thought "alright then" you told her. you got up and left with her you did wonder where she was going to take you "a quick question, where are we going?" you asked her, Ran looked and said "it wouldn't be a surprise if I said" 'oh grate one of those its either an I don't know, or I won't say moment' you thought.

After a short ride in the carriage about an hour or so you got out and stretched, Ran helped you out and said "now well do anything you want" you nodded "so where are we then? I can't pick something to do if I don't know where we are" you told her. she chuckled and nodded saying "that is a very good point, but where at Brighton I thought a day at the beach would be nice for you" 'huh beach day, that's about an hour away from London so not too far, nice to bad I can't go into an arcade maybe there's a fair or something here' you thought.

You walked around with Ran looking at shops, there was a poster for a circus in town it made you think about things to come "(ame) (name)" you looked snapping out of your thoughts at your nanny. she knelt and asked "is everything?" you nodded and thought 'they'll die and I can't stop it, they did nothing wrong just got used and manipulated' Ran looked at the poster and said "do you want to go before we go back?" she smiled, you said "maybe if we have enough time" she smiled nodding.

The day went by what seemed to be so slow, which you didn't mind Ran was like your grandmother you hoped nothing bad would happen to her at all, especially in the future with everything that will happen, you'd especially make her stay home during the cruise. you didn't want to risk her death, soon it was lunchtime "so what do you want to eat? my treat anything" Ran asked you. now this was a rare chance to eat something nice, the food you had at the Midford manor was nice and all but you did miss things that others ate like pizza. you looked and saw a chippy and said "how about some chips?" ran said "now there's an idea, how about fish and chips" you nodded not in the mood for fish.

Once you'd been served you sat on a bench with Ran and ate, you missed being able to get junk food, while eating Ran talked about everyday things. not lessons but other stuff you actually felt like you could tell her more than Francis, and you know shed only ever tell Francis if the situation called for it, but most times it didn't need to be repeated to her what you both talked about. once your meal was finished Ran said "so do you want to take a look at the circus?" you debated and agreed, so went with her you held her hand as you walked this made you miss your home.

About 5 minutes later you arrived at the circus, it was set out like Noah's ark was you walked around trying some games winning a prize or two as well as a tiny goldfish. you smiled looking at it "seems we'll need a bowl for them when we get back, won't we?" "Yeah, I guess so" you smiled looking at it. knowing it would likely die soon but you wanted to take the best care you could and have it last a few years 'I remember the one I won at the fair that, time lasted almost 10 years maybe I can make you last that long huh' you thought, in the end, you decided to go watch the circus.

(Your goldfish)

(Your goldfish)

The show was similar to Noah's ark except no snake handler, but it reminded you a bit of the black moon circus from sailor moon 'I wonder if I'll have my dream mirror checked?' you chuckled to yourself thinking that. now it did make you wonder what would have happened if you'd chosen the sailor moon universe, Ran would look at you every so often look at you and see you smiling. it made her smile she cared for you so much like her own child or grandchild, she knew she couldn't protect you from everything no one could, and it would be impossible and if she did. you couldn't learn and grow as a person but she'd do what she could, and she was happy to have this one-to-one time and that you could come to her if you couldn't come to Francis, she'd seen Francis grow as well as Vincent.

"Is everything ok?" you asked looking at Ran who smiled rubbing your head and said "yes everything is I just thinking, so are you enjoying the show?" you nodded and smiled. once the show was over you held Ran's hand as you walked to the carriage, you'd won a few things you'd of course give Elizabeth some. Edward was a maybe without realising it on the way back you'd fallen asleep head on Ran's shoulder. she smiled brushing some of your fringe out of your face and said: "I'm glad you enjoyed today, you've seemed down and have worked so hard in lessons, you deserved a reward" she smiled watching you sleep hugging one of the plushies you'd won. Ran knew you'd likely face a lot of challenges in the future that she couldn't help you with, but she'd do her best to watch over you like Tanaka watches over Ciel.