Chapter 14

SARHEN

"So it's a porno."

My human's voice was modulated by her helmet. It was the only piece of my equipment that I couldn't modify to fit her better. The effect the oversized sphere balancing on her slight shoulders was almost comically adorable.

However, her comment was less amusing.

"The Human Odyssey is not pornography. It is a priceless holofilm that is as beautiful as it is educational. There is no resemblance at all to- to- to your human's porn."

I'd seen their porn. Either human physiology was nothing like it had been described in the scientific diagrams, or the the whole thing was one big con. Either way, I wasn't angry at Harper. She was simply misinformed. If my human had seen the Odyssey she would understand its great culture significance to the Behl Sector.

My human shook her head as we walked. I could practically feel her expression. She still wasn't getting it.

"Sarhen," she pauses as I help her over a particularly large section of fallen roadway that's blocking our path. "Sarhen, this holofilm of yours-"

"It's not mine, it belongs to all of us."

My onboard informed me with 98% accuracy that she likely just rolled her eyes.

"Yeah. Okay. This holofilm. It's a video of a human female getting railed by a, what did you call them, the species that you cyborgs fellows are but aren't?"

I tried to take her hand but she dodged me and climbed over the next obstruction herself. The winds had begun to rise and the rough terrain made for slow progress forward.

"A Satu, our originator species. And I readily accept the term cyborg but know that other Augments might become tetchy about it. "Railed" on the other hand? Incorrect."

Made love to. Performed intercourse, if you must. My onboard brought up an unhelpful video of what sex act it believed her chosen term was. I grimaced. It was altogether crude and unnecessary.

She huffed and I let her take the lead so I could monitor the success of my uniform's adjustments as she climbs. It stretched without pulling. Cradled. Cupped. Tensile strength indeed. Truly I had done an excellent job on the tailoring but of course why wouldn't I?

Another minute went by before the winds settled enough for her to continue.

"Fine, then. I think I got it. Satu man schtups a human female on camera. And apparently its really graphic and there's all these zoom ins of the-" she made a circle with one hand and thrusts the index of her other into the circle several times. I blink at the motion.

"Fascinating. Truly some gestures are universal."

She snorted. "Uh-huh. And you're claiming that all of this is just to show their compatibility?"

She still sounded skeptical. I would have to show her. Seeing would be understanding.

Plus, she might enjoy it. But that would have to wait until we returned to the Sannis. For now I couldn't have her going around with such presumptions.

"The odyssey shows the physical compatibility between Venus, the small human female and Mars, the much larger Satu male. It clearly and with great detail illustrates how Venus's body is able to receive Mars if the proper preparation steps are taken. Trust me, human, this was a groundbreaking revelation to multiple species of the Behl. In addition to being highly educational, it was intended to inspire hope and uplift the spirit."