Chapter 11 - Going Grey

(A/N: I've gone through the whole fanfic and fixed spelling and grammar issues, including Dae-eun's name as the second part had a capital where it should not have, I'm also now 17 today :D. ALSO TYSM FOR 1K READS I'VE NEVER HAD THAT MANY BEFORE ILYSM)
...
The guards rushed in, firing rounds into the air to get the Players to stop.
It was only now that Dae-eun could properly clock how many Players had died.
There were bodies and bedsheets all over the floor.

Pools and puddles of blood, destroyed bed frames, ripped up pillows.
The place looked like a prison riot had happened.
Well, the facility's equivalent of a prison riot, anyway.

Most of the guards that came in were soldiers, though there were some workers among them.
A manager headed the group, walking in last, he was looking around.
Looking around a little too much to feel normal to Dae-eun.

She judged herself as her OCD acting out of line.
"Drop your weapons." A pair of soldiers came up to the gang in front of their group.
She was almost grateful she didn't know his voice.

"Turn around." The other soldier said.
She didn't know his voice either.
The gang did as they were told, turning around slowly.
Dae-eun and her group were asked to do the same.

The guards went to pat each of them down, checking their pockets for anything suspicious or that could be used as weapons.
Dae-eun did notice that 101 had a pocket knife confiscated.
How'd he sneak that in?

The guard turned to her to pat her pockets down, being quick about it too.
She felt his hands descend into each pocket, though felt something in her right pocket once he pulled out.
Had he...

...Left something in there?

As the guard moved on, she was about to put her arms down and check her pockets.
But suddenly, she heard heavy footsteps approach behind her, signalling another guard.
She remained where she was, hands on the back of her head as he paused behind her.

"Player 225."
He addressed her, she figured it was a manager by his tone.
"Is there a man named Hwang In-ho here?"

The name sounded familiar, not In-ho, but Hwang.
Hwang, Hwang... where have I heard that before?
"225?"

He asked again.
She felt she knew his voice as well.
It wasn't the same as the triangle who had spared her in the second game, but it was familiar too.

Hwang... Hwang Jun-ho..!
The cop I swapped texts with before I came back.
He said he was looking for his brother... is In-ho his name?

Dae-eun looked to her left and to her right, seeing that the rest of her group and the gang were too far away to hear her if she would whisper.
"Jun-ho?" She questioned.
"Miss Song. Do you know if my brother is here?"

That confirmed it.
How Jun-ho had managed to sneak in and become one of the guards, especially a manager, was beyond her.
"I don't know right now, the number system makes things confusing. Sorry, I can't help you." She admitted.

Jun-ho sighed greatly, stated a quiet: "very well," and then walked off.
Dae-eun listened to him go before glancing down at her right pocket, curious about what the guard had left when he searched her.
So two guards here are not as they seem...

...

After the guards had taken the bodies away and the woman on the PA had announced the eliminated Players, everyone was given a breather.
Gi-hun's group in particular was shaken.
"Are you alright?" Gi-hun questioned the old man. "That was dangerous, how'd you get up there?"