4| Game

I changed the chapter name

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Game

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 4: Game (Michael's POV)

I woke up the next morning with a slight headache and went downstairs. I probably should take a painkiller but I refrain from taking them as much as possible. They're not good for the body in general and unless I'm in unbearable pain, I don't take one. I made green tea instead of coffee because I don't drink coffee and then got started on making breakfast. 

I know how to turn the damn stove on, I'm not a fucking idiot. But I also know that these little breakfast dates she goes on once in a while are usually with her sister, her brother-in-law, and his brother. I know Cameron, I've met Cameron. I've seen Jacob. But I have no idea who his younger brother is and I have no intention of finding out. But it bothers me, of course, it bothers me. I'm here, still struggling to move on from our relationship and she's going on breakfast dates with another guy? No. Just... no. 

After breakfast, I waited a little while, just killing time, and then headed to the gym that's nearby. I do go to my building gym, despite people telling me not to. It's safe enough and the people living here already know I live here. Plus, it's much cheaper than a private gym membership and just because I have money to throw doesn't mean I should. 

I've worked my ass off to get where I am today. Uncle Mason may have been rich from the beginning and raised me, but my parents weren't like him. Given that I only had them for five years of my life, I've lived a fairly luxurious and comfortable life. Uncle Mason has enough money and as a kid, I had everything I ever wanted. But as I got older, I realized that's not how it should be and things shouldn't just be handed to me. So, when I headed to college, I flipped it over. 

I paid for all my expenses on my own and once I moved to Boston, I lived in a small, studio apartment for some time to save up. Once I saved enough, I bought this penthouse. My life completely changed when I moved to Boston after college. I was excited for what my future held and I was working towards becoming who I am today but at the end of the day, I hated being alone. Because that's exactly what I was. 

Uncle Mason is here but I'm not a child anymore, a parental figure isn't the kind of company I want or need. And before college ended... I had Amelia. But then I left her behind because she was staying in New York and I wasn't. 

I am from New York, I lived there my whole life, both with my parents and uncle Mason but when it came to college time, uncle Mason said he'd be moving to Boston since I was going off to college. So, I stayed in New York, went to St. John's university, graduated, and then moved to Boston. And in the process, met Amelia and lost her. 

Sometimes, even I can't understand where things went south for us. If we were both too desperate and greedy for wanting everything at once or if we were doomed from the start. 

I met Amelia when I was in my second year of college and she had just joined. She is one year younger than me, after all. I don't think I can ever forget how and which circumstances I met her in. They were odd but good. It was fun and wild and I never thought I'd meet someone like her but she caught my eye immediately. And then I was a lost cause.