Thirty Five

The night was quiet and calm, but Genesis could not sleep.

She found herself walking in the night, on the cool ground that was near the hotspring. Upon arriving, she smiled at the memory of her mate.

Genesis remembered when she would come here for quality time with Ezra, the tension, the jokes, the intense stares...it was truly something she greatly enjoyed and missed deeply.

Genesis came to a halt when she saw that someone was already in the hotspring, swimming graciously in the water.

A smile came to Genesis, thinking it was her mate, but it quickly faded when the person revealed to be Hibicus.

She was about to leave when a voice called out to her.

"Please, don't go." Hibicus said.

Genesis slowly turned around to face him, refusing to look anywhere on his already naked body. She couldn't indulge to look at another man even if she tried.

"Thanks for freeing me." Hibicus said. He was smiling slightly, walking closer and closer to the edge of the spring so that he could be closer to her.

"I always loved that caring heart of yours-"

"We're not friends Hibicus." Genesis cuts him off, narrowing her eyes at him. "I let you go on behalf of my parents. That's the only thing I could do. I still don't trust you. I still can't shake the unnerving feeling of you being around me. And even though I'm being nice to you, I'll never let you have me."

Hibicus smile faded, and he looked away from Genesis, clenching his jaw.

"The King of Lycans will make sure of that." Genesis said, narrowing her eyes at him.

Before Hibicus could say another word, Genesis had already left, leaving a defeated Hibicus.

....

Genesis looked up at the eyes of her mate, her breathing fast and heavy. Ezra was in her new room, smelling her pillows shamelessly.

"E-ezra." Genesis whispered softly. Ezra didn't look away from her, instead he just kept looking at her, smelling her pillow, never uttering a word.

Genesis slowly walked towards him, her feet becoming weak with every step. His eyes watched her, the intensity never faltering at the least.

Once Genesis was just inches away from her mate, Ezra placed the pillow down gently before placing his hand to each side of him, making his lap available.

Genesis then went on his lap, straddling his already large frame and coming face to face with his hard chest. Ezra only looked down at her, his eyes dilating upon the feeling of his mate being so close to him.

"My love." Geneis says softly, admiration and affection dripping within her voice. She gently kissed his chest, which causes Ezra to sigh deeply. Genesis wrapped her arms around his neck.

Ezra looked at her, a blank expression on his face.

"Am I?" Ezra asks simply, his accent thick and deep. A chill ran down Genesis spine. Her brows furrow in confusion.

"Yes. Why do you question my love for you?" Genesis asks.

"Because I feel your heart making consideration for another." Ezra says, his tone was passive, not holding any emotion.

Genesis immediately frowned, upon knowing who her mate was talking about. She removed her arms from around his neck and stood up, her eyes looking towards the ground.

"You're thinking about him." Ezra says, looking away from her. His jaw began to clench, his hands curling into fists.

"I'm not in love with him." Genesis says, her eyes still looking to the ground. It was true, she wasn't in love with the man that had her locked in a cell for most of her life.