Chapter 41

I woke up to Scott talking,
He said" Hey, man, what's up?" I rubbed my eyes, and got up from the chair, hitting his back." Stiles?" I listened in, it was staticky, and Stiles was breathing heavily." Stiles? You there?"
Stiles whispered" Scott?"
" Hey, yeah, I'm here. Are you okay? Can you hear me?"
" Scott, I don't... I don't know where I am. I don't know how I got here. I think I was sleepwalking."
" Okay, um, can you see anything? Just tell me what you see."
" Ah, it's dark. It's hard to see. I think there's something wrong with my..." The call disconnected, Scott got up, calling him back." Hey..."
" Stiles-"
" This is Stiles and you missed me. Leave a message-" I stopped listening in, I walked to him,
" Come on. God, come on. Come on. Stiles?" I listened,
" Scott, I don't think I can get out of here. I can't move."
" Where are you?"
" I don't know. I don't know, it's too dark. I can't see much but something's wrong with my leg. It's stuck on something. And it's... I think it's bleeding."
" How bad? Stiles, how bad is it? Stiles, are you there? Can you hear me?"
" There's some kind of smell down here. Something smells terrible. It's brutal. My eyes are watering."
" Okay, listen. I'm gonna call your dad."
" No, no, no, no, don't."
" But your dad..."
" Don't. Just please don't call him. Promise me you won't. He already worries about me too much. Scott, please."
" But what if I can't find you? Stiles, I can't make a promise like that."
" No, no, no, just please. Please, don't call him. Come find me. You can do it. He doesn't have to know. Scott, you can find me."
" I don't know if I can do this."
" Oh, I gotta call you back. I have to turn the phone off."
" What? No, hey, wait..."
" I'm gonna call you right back."
" Hold on, Stiles wait... Hold on, man."

Scott turned on his lamp,
Scott said" Isaac! Isaac, get up! I need your help! Isaac!" Isaac came in,
He said" Why? What's wrong?" I was pulling on some pants,
" It's Stiles. Get dressed."
" What's wrong with Stiles?"
" I don't know." I pulled on a jacket, then my shoes, I breathed heavily, gulping.

We ran down the stairs, Scott dropped his helmet,
He said" Hey, Stiles." I listened,
Stiles said" Did you call him? Did you call my dad?"
" No. Just Isaac and Kian. We're coming to find you. Can you figure out where you are? Try to find something and tell us where to look."
" It's a basement. I think... I think I'm in some kind of basement." I tried to listen to background noise, but it was so staticky.
" In a house?"
" No. It looks bigger. Like industrial. I think there's a furnace. But it's cold. It's freezing down here. I gotta turn the... I gotta turn the phone off. It's going to die."
" Wait, wait, wait. What else is there? What do you see?"
" The phone's dying. I can't talk. I have to go. Please..."
" Stiles, why are you whispering?"
" Because I think there's someone in here with me."

We walked into Stiles' room to see Lydia and Aiden,
Scott said" How did you know? Did he call you too?"
Lydia said" I heard it."
Aiden said" Don't ask. It gets more confusing when you ask."
" Not as confusing as this." Stiles had a pair of scissors with red strings tied to it... stabbed into his bed." He uses red for unsolved cases."
" Maybe he thinks he's part of an unsolved case?"
Isaac said" Or is an unsolved case."
Lydia said" Hold on. Is he still out there? You don't know where he is?"
Scott said" He said he was in an industrial basement somewhere."
Isaac said" We came here to get a better scent."
Lydia said" What else did he say?"
Scott said" Something's wrong with his leg. It's bleeding."
Isaac said" And he's freezing."
Aiden said" Tonight's the coldest night of the year. It's gonna drop into the 20s."
Lydia said" What did his dad say?"
Scott said" We kind of... We didn't tell him yet."
" Stiles is bleeding and freezing and you didn't call his dad?"
" He made me promise not to. We can find him by scent. If he was sleepwalking he couldn't have gotten far, right?" Where's his jeep? We were in a rush, but the smell of the jeep stings my nose every time.
Aiden said" You didn't notice his Jeep is gone, did you?"
Lydia said" You promised you wouldn't call his dad. I didn't."
Scott said" Wait, Lydia, hold on. I can get more help. I can call Derek, Allison..."
" Everyone except for the cops. Great idea."
Aiden said" You guys remember she only gets these feelings when someone's about to die, right?" I gulped,
Scott said" You don't have to call his dad. It's five minutes to the station."
Lydia said" We'll catch up."
" What? Why?"
" There is something here."
Isaac said" Yeah. Evidence of total insanity."
Scott said" We can figure out what's wrong with him after we find a way to keep him from freezing to death."
Lydia said" Go. We'll be right behind you." We rushed out, I can find Stiles... I know I can, I have stronger abilities than both Scott and Isaac combined. I had to survive like it. Even if I pushed back certain aspects of my nature.