Chapter 7: Funeral 2

The next morning, I wake up to the feeling of a brick bouncing off of my skull. "Wake up." Harry says, getting ready to throw another brick. "It's time for Liam and Louis' funerals."

"Ok" I say and get up, dodging the brick that flies through the air where I was just sitting. I yank my funeral dress on over my pajamas and walk out the door, followed closely by Harry and Zayn. It seems like no time before we're back at the funeral home, two open holes already dug in the ground next to where we buried Niall.

Walking towards the open graves, Zayn and I come to a standstill and watch as Harry drops the other boys' limp bodies into the holes.

"You look beautiful." Zayn murmurs, looking at me with awe shining in his brown chocolate coffee eyes.

"Whatever." I say, still watching Harry as he begins to shovel dirt over the bodies. Zayn takes my hand and I blush. I can't believe Zayn is holding my hand at a One Direction Funeral! It hadn't really sunk in until now that I'm really here, with my favorite band. For a moment I'm happy again, but then I remember that I'm at the funeral of my second and third favorite band members- and the one I'm holding hands with is only my fourth favorite.

I yank my hand out of his grip. "Don't get ahead of yourself, Malice."

Zayn stares at me. "My last name is Malik..." I don't bother to reply. Zayn opens his mouth to speak again, but just as he does Harry straightens up and speaks first.

"Alright, that's done. Who wants to say some words for Louis and Liam?"

Zayn steps forwards, but just as he does, a bright red laser light appears on his chest. "GET DOWN!" I scream, tackling him just in time for a bullet to be fired through where he was just standing.

"WHAT THE HELL!" Harry screams, turning and staring up towards the roof of the funeral home. I turn too, just in time to catch a glimpse of a sniper ducking out of sight.

"Wh-what?!" I cry, my melodic beautiful voice wobbling with panic. "Why is there a sniper after you guys?!"

"I should have known these deaths weren't a coincidence..." Harry mutters. He sighs before gripping me by the shoulders, staring deep into my deep ocean blue aqua marine orbs. "Susan, I have to tell you the truth. All of the members of One Direction... are escaped government experiments."

"We're also wanted for acts of international terrorism." Zayn adds.

I feel faint. My world... is crumbling. One Direction... are government experiments?!