introduction- a new school year

I feel left out of everything, why does life have to be so hard? Why can't people just except me? Is there something wrong with me?

Walking into class I feel unsafe, I'm getting death stares. No one bothers to offer me a seat as I stand at the front of the room, blankfaced. After standing there, feeling my feet glued to the floorboards out of fear, I decide to make my way to the back of the class where there appears to be an empty seat. I hear everyone's whispers, talking about me as I walk, yet I have no idea what is being said.

Why do people have to be so mean?

I sit there picking at my nails, not paying attention to the class I was in when suddenly, I hear my name being called "Harry!" from across the room. I snap my head up and look over to see who the mysterious person acknowledging me was. To my surprise it was one of the most popular guys in school, this was a very rare occurrence. I was confused but didn't ignore it seeing as this would probably be a once in a lifetime opportunity. Making his way to my seat was a brown haired, ocean blue eyed boy named, Louis.

He's standing over me while I sit at my table with a worried but curious look on my face and an angry one on his. His once ocean blue eyes now deep navy, looking down on me... I gulped at the sight.

What was happening? Did I do something?

He goes to open his mouth to say something, and my hands start to sweat, jaw clenched and eyes wide open.

"Hey there Harry, didn't know the teacher's pet could sit at the back, let alone be late to class." He said with a smirk on his face. I tried to speak but nothing came out. "I- um..." "What's that? Cat got your tounge?" He said trying to make the rest of the class laugh. "I... no- What are you doing?" I mumbled quietly. "Oh no nothing just checking up on an old friend." He said as he pats my back roughly.

Yeah, that's right, you heard that correctly 'old friend'... It was only about 3 years ago, Louis and I we inseparable, the best of friends. I had friends back then.

All those years ago I had friends and I guess you could consider me popular. We were the group of guys everyone wanted to be friends with and all the girls wanted to get with. We consisted of me, Louis, Niall, Liam and Zayn. Liam, Zayn and Niall used to be my friends but since the fight that went down 3 years ago, they only ever looked at me when I was walking through the halls, by myself. I could tell they missed me thought, the feeling was mutual.

The fight was over something stupid. I don't remember what it was about, I just remember that it was bad and lasted a long time ending in the group breaking up.

Liam, Zayn, and Niall weren't involved in the fight however, but they still defriended me, Niall, Liam, and Zayn staying with Louis. And me? Well, I was now alone... This made me sad... I was friends with them too and Louis took them away from me... After the fight Liam, Zayn and Niall tried to talk to me in anyway, whether that be through texts or in person but after a while of me not trying to reciprocate the friendship they gave up too. Although that didn't bother me. At the end of the day all I wanted was for them to be happy and if that was without me... Well, I guess I'll have to live with that.

After being in my thoughts for about a minuet I forgot there was a certain somebody standing in front of me. So, I snapped out of it and looked up to face the brown-haired boy.

He was standing over me still but this time with a confused look on his face, "Look at me when I'm talking to you dipshit!" he shouted, catching the attention of the teacher who was completely oblivious up until now.

"SIT DOWN LOUIS!" The teacher screamed noticing the worry in my eyes.

Obeying the teachers orders Louis went back to his seat after giving me a look of hatred. It was the first day and it was already turning out like last year, and the year before and the year before...

Nothing but fear ran through my body for the remainder of the lesson, when the bell rang, I shot up out of my seat and exited the class asap, trying to avoid making contact with Louis again. What did he want? I wondered as I shuffled through the halls racing to get to my locker. Heart racing, I finally reached my locker, put my code in with shaken hands and shoved my books in.

Normally at lunch I would go outside and sit under a tree reading or just listening to calming music while eating my already packed lunch. I did this a lot with my old friends, although we would talk instead, joking about the teacher we just had or complaining about how much homework was due. I miss them and long for the day we would speak again, that is if that day would ever come...

I made my way to my usual eating and relaxing spot with my food in one hand and a book in the other. Although this time was different. As I got to the tree, I usually slumbered under I realised it was already occupied. I was in awe when I came to find that the people that were sitting under it were in fact my old friends, Niall, Liam, Zayn and Louis. I kind of stood frozen in my spot for a moment just like I did at the start of the day in class. Although when I caught a glance of them all turning to face me, I was sucked out of my trance and fled the scene leaving so they couldn't talk to me or worse, make fun of me for being there. Although I know Liam, Zayn and Niall would never do that I knew Louis would.

The fact of the matter is that all of them knew that was my spot. Yes, we all used to hang out there but since then they adapted to sitting in the actual cafeteria where everyone else was, they even had their own table. I was confused. Were they trying to be rude by asserting dominance? Or were they trying to do something else? I had no idea.

Soon after that the bell goes, and I make my way to my 5th period Science class. Sitting down, I feel this sudden urge to puke for no reason at all. Starting to feel lightheaded I ask to leave the class to go get some fresh air. The teacher, knowing that I am sincere lets me go and I race to the bathrooms. I walk out of class but soon, accidently stumble into someone, unsure of the unidentifiable human I keep on walking trying to brush off what just happened, even if it was nothing major. Soon after that I start to feel even more lightheaded and drop to the floor panting still unsure of what is going on or what is causing me to feel like this. I feel a light hand on my shoulder, and I immediately recognise it and screech.

Then all of a sudden, I feel like I'm floating. Drifting on a cloud, swaying along with the wind. This is no feeling I have ever felt before. Its foggy and dull yet, peaceful.

Waking up I take in my surroundings and realise I'm in a hospital of some sort. A nurse and my mum rush over and explain to me that I passed out and was asleep for around an hour, and that if it wasn't for one specific person then I would probably still be at school, lying on the floor, passed out. Impatiently I mumble, "who?" and as soon as I know it Louis walks into the room holding my bookbag and hat. I gasp audibly and I'm pretty sure everyone in the room giggles. I'm pretty sure he was the last person I would have expected but I wasn't mad. I was more relived, but I had a question circulating through my brain keeping me from listening in on my mum and the nurse's conversation and that was,

'why? Why did he help me?'

Hey Georgia here 😁 Hope you guys liked that- this is my first time ever writing and posting a ff so I hope it's okay... also this is just the intro, I'll start writing when I know ur opinions.. any feedback? ❤️