Interlude: Some Will Be Called

"Two men will be working in a field, one will be taken and one will be left. Two women will be grinding flour: one will be taken, and one will be left."
- Matthew 24:39-40

The word for "taken" in Greek is paralambanetai. This term has many meanings. It could mean "snatched up," as some have understood it, but it can mean receive, understand, be convicted.

What if at the end of days the believers were not snatched away into heaven? What if they were called? And what if they had to choose to answer?

****

The angels flew out over the Earth and blew their trumpets. Billions of people below lived their everyday lives. They were sitting down to eat, they were casually chatting, they were taking the bus to work, or walking to the café, or taking their children to school. They were holding weddings and funerals.  They were barely surviving, or richly thriving. Just living. Completely ordinary. Completely unaware.

But not for much longer.

Soon  the armies of the dea, would stir beneath the earth's crust. Soon, the battle would be fought on the Earth and in the hearts and souls of all these humans.

This was the first warning. This was the Call.

The Call of the New Breed.