iii.

The exterior walls of the courthouse were off-white. Four large foundation pillars stood in the threshold. The Philippine flag swayed in the summer wind. The breeze quickly turned humid as soon as we landed on the helipad of the courthouse. My prince went out first, holding his hand out for me, I gladly took his hand and climbed out of the helicopter. I wore a white sheath dress with white lace along the edges of the crew neck, sleeves, and the hem. A white bow sat atop the locks of my raven hair that ran until my shoulders. We walked down the marble stairs and into the hallway.

"Remember Lucillia, you are testifying against her. Not me." Dad said. "Your mom is a great woman who has so much love for you. I don't know what got into your head for accusing her all of a sudden and calling the cops without even confronting me."

"Do you really still not believe me?" I muttered.

"We'll find out the truth in court."

And with that, my dad walked away and went into the courtroom.

"I'll always be here for you, my love." Piion said as he squeezed my shoulders.

"I know." I replied as I held his hand.

-

The courtroom was filled with rows of wooden benches, stopping right before it reached the middle of the room, in front of them were the defendant's table on the left side and the plaintiff's table on the right. The jury box pushed against the wall on the very right side of the room. In front of both tables stood the judge's bench, with the witness' stand on it's right. I take my seat on the plaintiff's table alongside Atty. John. Dad and Piion sat behind me on the benches.

Bang! Bang! The sound of the Judge hitting his gavel on the block boomed throughout the room. The room went silent.

"Order in the court." The judge said. "Bring in the defendant."

Two cops held my traitorous stepmother in her arms as they escorted her into the courtroom. She wore the orange overalls of a prisoner. The huge 'P' plastered on her back for everyone to see. She took a seat on the defendants' table with her very own lawyer. I still can't believe that this is happening.

My dad held my hand as we walked to the car. I wore a dress like my favorite princess', Snow White, tailored just for me. It was made of silk. The fabric is so soft, I feel like I could just wear this forever and never take it off. My personal chauffeur, Kuya Drew, opened the door for me to get in. Inside the car, waiting for me, was a woman so beautiful, I want to reach for her face and touch it-- I did it. She didn't flinch, instead she giggled. Her skin was a golden tan. Her brown hair was straight. She wore a simple yet elegant, slim-fitting black dress, like the ones I see daddy's business partners wear. Maybe she's daddy's business partner too.

"Hello, I'm Eleanor, nice to meet you." The woman said as she reached her hand out for a shake.

"I'm Lucillia, you can call me Lucy." I smiled sheepishly as I shook her hand.

"You look fabulous, Lucy."

"You look beautiful, Ms. Eleanor."

"Lucy, my sweet princess, you will be going with Ms. Eleanor to the theme park. Is that alright with you?" Dad asked.

"The theme park that I've always wanted to go to?" I ask

"That's right."

"Yay! Of course, it's alright." I cheered. "It's more than alright. It's fantastic."

"That's good to hear." Dad said as he leaned in to kiss my forehead. "Bye bye." He waved his hands.

"Bye daddy!"

And just like that, Kuya Drew drove off and headed towards the theme park. We got ice cream and cotton candy when we arrived. Then we rode all the rides there. My favorites were the carousel, then the boat ride, and the roller coaster. We ended it with the Ferris wheel, where we gazed upon the stars. I felt like I was flying. Then we went home. She tucked me in my bed and read me my favorite story, Snow White.

I was so happy that day, she was so nice... What a b****.

________

Parricidium | Book two in @urthadeserror 's account.

Mortem | Book three in @mighthadesmol 's account.