Nerves and Strangers

I mutter your myself as I sit in the car, my head on the steering wheel as I try to figure out what to do.

When I left my house an hour ago, the idea was to finally go inside my first gay bar, find someone to hook up with and then go home.

And so far, I haven't even made it to step one.

At twenty-two, you would expect for me to have done this before, but I've always been a little on the shy side even if I can be a little bold at times.

I only just came to terms with who I am and what that means last year. A year is not a lot of time to do something about it. At least that's what I keep telling myself. I raise my head from the steering wheel and turn around to look at the bar, watching as all types of people both men and women laughing and joking as they glow in and out the doors.

Sterling myself before I can think it through, I open the door and get out the car, keeping their smiling faces in mind so I don't get scared and run back to my car as I've done twice already.

With red cheeks and an awkward smile, I approach the building and open the door, my hands shaking slightly as I go inside.

I'm met with a low lighting bar, a poll table, karaoke machine and card table off to the left, and several booths and tables spread across the floor to my right, TVs on the wall and a huge bar running along the majority of the back wall. It looks almost like any other bar. I think to myself.

That is, until I look around closer and see all the LGBT paraphernalia along the room, flags, pictures and posters of the most iconic moments and people throughout history.

I smile when I see Madonna on the wall, remembering my high school years when I would secretly listen to her music in my room.

I can't believe I ever thought I was straight. I laugh to myself nervously until I remember I'm awkwardly standing by the door. With burning cheeks I head towards the bar, sitting down on a stool close to the end so I don't bump into anyone.

It takes a few minutes for the bartender to find me but I don't mind, I use the time to people watch, peeking over my shoulder now and then to look at someone that catches my eye.

More than once I saw way more ass than I expected, and I feel my semi press into my thigh embarrassingly.

You would think I was a high school with the way that I'm acting.

I frown to myself and let my head sink into my crossed arms and I think about just high tailing it out of here before I make a fool of myself, but a throat clears above me catching me by surprise. I look up to see a very pretty lady with half of her hair buzzed off, tattoos running along her exposed arms, the other side of her hair long and brightly colored making my lips raise a little bit.

"What can I get you?" She asks me, a little southern accent making my lips twitch higher.

"Confidence maybe?" I mutter thinking she can't hear me, but to my surprise she does and starts laughing, much to my embarrassment but she doesn't make fun of me only smile and reaches behind her for what looks like scotch.

"If I sold that, I'd be rich and not working here anymore. This is the best I can offer." She tells me and I can't help but laugh as I accept the drink and slide her a five.

"Thank you." I tell her and she nods though she doesn't move once she puts the drink away.

"Your first time here?" She asks me and I feel my face turn crimson at being called out and sticking out like a sore thumb. She must have read the thoughts on my face because she laughs. "Don't worry, I've been doing this for almost twenty years, it's something you learn to pick up on." She tells me and I look at her suspiciously.

"You don't look older than twenty seven." I tell her.

"Why thank you. Faerie genes do that to you. I'm actually twice that." She tells me with a wink, laughing again at my face. Before we can continue our entertaining conversation that has loosened me up a little, as well as the booze, someone waves her over. When she walks away, I find myself upset that now I have to go talk to people if I want to go through with my plan.

But instead of heading towards the entertainment area off to the left, I instead study my drink, nursing it softly as I listen to the soft music playing from the overhead speakers.

Just as I almost finish my drink and my resolve is wearing down, two seats down, a stool gets pulled out, and I turn my head slightly to see the most handsome man I've ever met. His dark skin looks smooth to the touch, his beard full and soft, neatly trimmed in a way that makes me squirm in my seat.

His almond shaped eyes are a sweet brown that looks clear and deep. His hair is cut short at the top, allowing his strong features to be shown off. His high cheek bones make his smile all the more alluring when he turns it towards the waitress when he flags her down. The man is dressed in a suit, and it's all I can do not to blurt out something stupid, or run away like an idiot.

Instead so just keep sneaking glances at the man, noticing the watch on his arm that shows his expensive taste.

I feel my semi harden even more and pure dread fills me at the thought of making an absolute fool of myself and I finally decide that it would just be easier if I gave up and ran away and tried again another time. I came, I saw and I conquered. A one night stand can happen another day.

Just as I love to make my escape, the waitress comes back and starts talking to the man as if they're friends, and with my interest peaked, I find myself stuck in the stool.

"Hey, how have you been, man!" She greets happily as if she hasn't seen the man in a while. He gives her that perfect smile and I find myself jealous of her as he answers.

"I've been good. I had to handle a few things for work, but I'm back home for the weekend." He tells her, and his voice sounds like velvet as he speaks, and I feel myself shiver. As he shifts, I smell Cloves and Lemongrass, the smell intoxicating me as once, and I find myself almost feeling drawn to the man. Like I need to be closer.

Frowning to myself, so catch my movements just as I go to move closer to the stranger, my weird actions making me cringe and frown and confusion. What the hell? I was just scared of this man and all the embarrassing possibilities and now I want to climb all over him?

Lost in thought, I jump when another glass of scotch is placed before me. I blink and turn towards the bartender, about to refuse but she's already walking away.

Deciding I can't let a drink go to waste, I grab the glass and take a sip before I almost choke when I hear that velvet voice call out.

"Who would have thought I would have found you here?" Confused on who he's talking to, I look up, only to find those sexy chocolate eyes on me.

Wait. How does he know me?

~~~~~~~~~~~
Tada! After months of waiting here is the first chapter of searching. Okay guys what should I do this whole book in Gavin's POV or bring the mysterious strangers POV in when Gavin finds him again?

Thoughts?

Comments?

QOTD: How's school going?