4

Lena was now hiding her face further into Nathaniel's neck, as an unknown man was now standing right in front of them. He didn't mean to scare her, of course, but even if he had smelled her scent, he was still confused and curious about why there was an Omega in the house.

"It's okay, little one. He's Luke, do you wanna say hi?"

The girl slowly took her head out of her hiding, and looked at the Beta while shyly muttering a 'hi'. Luke thought his heart was going to explode, he hadn't seen too many Omegas before, besides the few there were at school when he was younger, but of course, they weren't from his pack and wouldn't dare to approach them just because.

But that little girl wasn't even marked, so Nate didn't need to say anything for him to understand the situation, well, most of it.

"Nate, I think I'm going to die" his friend dramatically said. He and Andrew were the only ones who could call the Alpha by his name.

"Are you going to die?" Lena asked, worry filling her eyes.

Nathaniel rolled his eyes and Luke was really holding back his impulses, he wanted to carry the little wolf and play with her at how cute her actions were, even in her scared state, Lena still felt worried about him.

"He's not going to die, baby. He's just playing"

"I'm not! Did you not melt when you saw her for the first time? Look at how big your clothes look on her, aren't they from when you were, like, fifteen or something?"

"Yeah, I guess" Nate sighed, he hated to admit his friend was right. "But she doesn't know you and you're scaring her, so move"

Luke huffed but still did as he said, curiously watching the interaction between them. Whenever she looked at him, he would smile or make faces for her, which made the Omega giggle a lot, and after their playing, she felt a little more comfortable around him.

Nate fed her some pancakes and strawberries, and even if she was playing with Luke while eating, she couldn't help but think of how delicious the food was. When was the last time she ate? Maybe two days ago? And, of course, nothing could be compared to those pancakes, and they were just breakfast.

Anyway, she ate half of her meal and tugged on the Alpha's shirt.

"I'm full"

"You sure? You barely ate anything" the girl nodded, hoping he wouldn't get mad at her for not eating it all, but of course, that didn't happen. "Alright"

"Can I go play with Luke?"

Both of the wolves stared in disbelief, and Luke's jaw dropped in surprise. They didn't expect her to ask that, specially since she was being so shy minutes ago, but Luke felt too happy to get to play with the little wolf. After all, his wolf wanted to cuddle with her so desperately.

Nate held back a frown, because even if he wouldn't admit it, he wanted to protect her, too, and didn't want the Omega to go away, although he couldn't say that to her puppy eyes.

"Yes, of course"

Lena ran to him, and Luke picked her up and placed her on his hip. She kind of regretted that, not because of him, but because of being separated from the Alpha, although she didn't say anything. Luke's body was warm, too, and he had been wanting to hold her for about an hour, so it was the least she could do, she thought.

"Why don't you go show him your stuffy?" Nate suggested, and Lena's face lit up.

"Yes!"

Luke thanked him mentally, and he already knew that toy was in the guest's room, so they didn't need to say anything. The Omega was bouncing happily on the Beta's arms, and he found that too adorable for him. In other circumstances, Lena wouldn't had been so confident around those people, because she barely even knew them, but her wolf, her little side, they wanted to play with them so bad.

As soon as they reached the wolf's bed, she felt too shy and embarrassed. Going to pick Charles up, she didn't know what to say exactly, and maybe Luke would find that too childish. Why did she have to be so immature?

Luke must had seen her change, so, kneeling in front of her, he fakely gasped, "Wow, is that yours?"

"Uh-huh"

"And what's his name?"

"He's... Charles..."

"I see, he's adorable, just like you" Luke said, trying to make her feel less shy around him.

"Really?"

"Really"

After that, she grew more comfortable talking about Charles' favorite hobbies, foods and stuff, and how it'd been hers for a couple years now. The story was a bit sad though, saying that she bought it to have someone to cuddle with whenever someone would be mean to her, which wasn't unusual at all. That made Luke clench his jaw in frustration, but he had to pretend it was nothing as to not scare her more.

They soon went downstairs again, this time making their way outside as they chatted a little. The Beta found her amusing, and even though it was strange, he was happy she trusted him too easily. After all, she was like a child.

Outside, she saw Nathaniel and Chiara and immediately went running to them, because she couldn't help it. Lena knew it was all too soon, and that she shouldn't trust them like that, but she felt too safe around them.

The Alpha gladly scooped her up and she immediately froze at the sight: turns out, almost the whole pack was there, curiously staring at her and Nate as if they knew each other for ages.

"...and she's the Omega I was talking about. Say hi" he whispered the last part to Lena. Of course she didn't, letting out a whimper at the sudden amount of people and hiding her face in Nate's neck.

Many 'awws' and comments could be heard, which made Lena more anxious. She wasn't used to that, what if they all started to hit her? What if Nate, Chiara and Luke were just pretending, to prank her?

"You scared her" Chiara huffed, taking the little wolf in her arms. "They're not going to hurt you, baby"

"They're scary"

"I know, and if anyone dares to say something to you, I'll beat them for you. Yeah?" She said, making the girl giggle.

With that, Nathaniel made a hand gesture and everyone slowly left the place, disappointed for now, but they understood. Everyone felt the same: they had never had an Omega in their pack before, so the news flew as soon as she got there. Of course, there was only one person left in the place, and that happened to be Andrew, Luke's best friend.

Both betas were like brothers, but they also fought a lot. However, when it came to an important matter like this, that wouldn't happen.

"I don't think she's ready, Andrew" Nathaniel suddenly said.

He kind of ignored him and instead, crouched down a little, Chiara seeming interested in his actions.

"Hey sweetie, my name's Andrew. Can I please see your face?" He tried, but Lena only showed her pretty eyes a little. And that's when he decided to take something of of his Jacket. "That's sad, I wanted to give you this penguin stuffy. What am I supposed to do with it now?"

Lena got out of her hiding spot in Chiara's chest and excitedly looked at the penguin in his hands, taking it when Andrew gently gave it to her.

"Thank you!" She squeaked making everyone coo at her.

"You're welcome"

Luke huffed and rolled his eyes, just like a little kid would.

"That's not fair, you're buying her"

"Me? I'm just welcoming her. Why, are u jealous?"

"Jealous? I welcomed her first! Right, baby?" She distractedly nodded, too immerse in his new toy.

"She's not even paying you any attention, get lost" Andrew say, still cooing at Lena.

"Do you wanna die now?"

Both Alphas usually found their fights too annoying and would often tell them to stop, but this time it was a funny sight. Chiara still took the little Omega somewhere else followed by Nate, while the others kept arguing over nothing.

And even though Lena wasn't really paying attention, she felt too happy for being there.