Unsettled In

In physics, my teacher starts the lecture and I try to pay attention but I can't because of the girls behind me talking amongst themselves. Mr. Kline seems like a really good teacher but he's definitely an odd one. He's used a zombie reference at least three times already. I hope this will be a class I can actually enjoy, I've always loved science courses. About halfway through the period he finally tells the girls behind me to shut up. It's about damn time.

I head to my French class once the bell rings. This is another odd teacher. He sees way too intelligent to just be teaching French. He's funny but seems to always get his point across whenever he talks. I've taken a French class since I was around seven so I'm pretty fluent now. It's required that you take a language class two years of high school here so I couldn't get out of it.

The rest of the week is the same thing every day: wake up, go to class, try to avoid eye contact and conversation, eat lunch with Cassidy (mostly in silence), get stared at and whispered about, go to class, be bored out of my mind, go home. The guys have become ballsier and they've started to talk to me but I brush them off and continue whatever it is I'm doing. I heard quite a few of them call me a bitch and stuck up but I really couldn't care less. I don't know if it's the death stare I give them or if they're just scared to but none of them touch me.

My first week was pretty uneventful. I can't say I'm adjusting just yet, I don't know if I ever will. I've thought about my parents a lot. I can't seem to think of anyone who would want to get rid of them. My dad, Charles, was a very successful and well known businessman who had competitors but I don't think they'd go that far. My mum was a nurse at the hospital close to our house. I still can't completely comprehend that they're gone. Most teenagers don't have a good relationship with both of their parents but I did. I wish to have them back more than anything.

My second week here at Central starts out terrible with waking up thirty minutes late and barely making to class on time. "You look terrible," Cassidy laughs once I take a seat next to her.

"Thanks," I hiss as I pull out a mirror and try to make myself look a little descent. I'd completely forgotten we have to write an essay in class today for creative writing. Our teacher usually gives us a day or two, not a class period. Of course today would be the day she chooses to assign this. I start to give myself a headache concentrating on this damn paper so much but I just can't focus. It's really not that difficult I just can't seem to get my brain working.

I manage to finish with a few seconds to spare before the bell rings and I rush outside to get some fresh air. I walk slowly to my next class and I'm suddenly stopped by a boy in my gym class, I think his name is Milo. "May I walk you to class?" he asks with a smirk.

"I think I can make it alone," I push past him and pick up my pace.

"Wow, that's the most I've ever heard you talk, princess." He moves to stand in front of me and I push him out of the way. As I walk away quickly I hear him behind me, "Can't run forever, princess." My head hurts now more than ever. I hope to sit alone and not have to be bothered with anyone in class but no, of course not.

"Natalie, you'll be partners with Moriah," my photography teacher instructs. Our assignment is to go around to as many math classes as we can and take pictures of the class. I follow Moriah because I still don't know my way around. After three classes we finally come to my math class, Mr. Addams. Moriah knocks on the door and he answers.

"Ugh," he groans, "Hurry up. Oh, hi Natalie!" Moriah must not have him as a teacher. I follow her inside and the students pretend like they're working. I raise the camera and someone's eyes catch mine. I lower it and look out into the class. Steven.

His eyes are locked on mine and I can't look away. "Mr. Miller, please act like you're doing something." He smirks then looks down at his paper. "Alright ladies, I'll see you around," Mr. Addams holds the door open for us and before I walk completely out of the room I turn and see those piercing green eyes staring at me again.